xisto Community
iGuest

Hacking A Network

Man, they have a cool GUI [Graphic User Interface] and tons of monitors with random flashing thing-a-majig.. It looks cool and nicer than staring at thousand of lines of machine codes just to make that piece of IC to work they way you want it to work.
Frankly, sometimes making new stuffs makes me bored and I started to give up on my AI software that eats a lot of disk space before I can make it to play tictactoe.

GNU and open source systems are a good base for those that are new to programming or have no idea what to start with but have a cool acontribution to add to the existing projects.

B)

There is a program out now i think it is called something like WPONetworks im not sure if this helps or not but do not take revenge

For WEP, 64Bit and 128Bit, i've successfully done it with aircrack. I use the cd image from remote-exploit, the so call "Auditor Security Collection" http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Now they've name it BackTrack, haven't try the new one though. As for WPA, i believe it's possible, but will take more time.

What i did for WEP is just capture enough packet with IV, then run aircrack to crack it. You'll need at least 10000 for 64Bit WEP, and 10 times more for 128Bit WEP. So for WPA, i believe you'll need a lot more than that. On a busy network, you can get 10000 IV packet in around an hour or so. That's consider slow for most hacker (i'm not a hacker). If you have 2 system with wireless LAN, then it's faster, you run airdump on one to capture, and another running aireplay to generate the dummy packet so the AP keep generating IV packet. I've never been able to try that, cause i didn't have 2 notebook at a time.

If you need a more detail tutorial, search for aircrack in google, you'll find a lot

NOTE: DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. I'm not sure what rules are enforce in your country. If you get caught for doing that, i won't be responsible for that. I only do that for sheer fun of it, and also to learn more about how to secure my AP

Lol, yeah, have to be careful about that. I'm not so sure of the policy on torrents though. It's piracy aswell but not so big.

Hey,

I can pick up other Network systems on my wireless route...

I was wondering can you hack the WPA Key of because they are all secured

And im wondering if theres anyway to connect to them without using a pass?

If there is please tell me it will be interesting to try it out B)

Thanks

Also, as I don't think this was pointed out in this topic, in the United States, it is illegal to "hack" a secured wireless network. Let me repeat that: In the United States, it is ILLEGAL to "hack" a secured wireless network. If you're caught and get sued, you deserve it.

Also, no, there is no way to connect to a secure network without the network key. If there was, then it wouldn't be secure. That "password" is really an encryption key. When you tell your computer the encryption key, it can then decode the wireless packets.

[N]F