xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
eminus

Directx 10 Issue Directx10 not friendly to DirectX 9 and below graphic card

It was stated by Microsoft that DirectX 10 with is new feature in rendering images is cutting of the hardwaresupport for graphic card with DirectX 9 and below. they say that it(DirectX 10) will support graphic cards thatis DirectX 9 and below in a software layer and not in a hardware layer. If that is true then you would be sorryif you buy your hot Graphic Card only to find out that it will run slower on OS that has DirectX 10. Sadly to saythat Mircrosoft vista comes with DirectX 10

Is it really a surprise that all of your applications will run slower in vista? Have the people who have been testing this OS for ever and ever not been saying the same thing since they got it?I'm sticking with my Gentoo/XP dualboot setup...vista blows.

If any one has experiance or knowledge of OpenGL, can he tell ifnew version of OpenGL also have support for new features in hardware as image layer erndering, advanced pixel shadding algos etc. More over, as openGL library is also available on handheld devices, what is the portability of code among desktop and handheld platforms.RegardsHaris Mushtaq

I have presario 500 with vista.... directx 10 all game are in slow motion....too bad cant use directx 9.0c... so I have to install XP..-stinx