xisto Community
Omkar™

Cannot Sign In To Gmail

I agree this may be browser issue. Try using it on both firefox and Internet Explorer. Also try to clear cache and cookies before trying. I had a similar problem which disappeared on clearing the cache and cookies.-chiranjit

There are a few versions of GMail: 1. The standard version2. The older version3. Standard without chat4. Basic HTMLWith older browsers, obviously it will be basic HTML. But I don't like the update that went on about 2 weeks ago either, Netscape froze when trying to access my Inbox and/or different labels. I thought it was a Netscape problem, IE and Firefox were experiencing the same thing. I used Opera and switched to the older version, where the little red "Loading..." flag is in the upper-right corner. It works fine now.So switch back to the older version if you are having some problems. It might help. (It's a button on the upper-right toolbar of GMail [if you successfully get in.])

gmail doesnt work on wii's anymore since they updated it. my brother has a wii and since gmail updated last week, the only time he can get on it is when it says the connection is slow and it gives you the option of viewing it in basic html.

gmail works fine on my computer though without problems.

You should probably try the older version of Gmail as FirefoxRocks says. Actually, though, I don't believe they put up the older version until a week or so ago, because before then I don't remember seeing that particular option.

I also didn't like Gmail's update a few weeks back. It caused Gmail to load a lot slower (though according to reports it was supposed to have loaded faster: gmail was trying to fix loading times...but apparently made it worse.). I wish they could still allow filter creation in Basic HTML. It's not as if I'll die without the Ajax in filter creations: I'm fine with a few extra clicks here and there since it actually saves me more time than Gmail realizes.

Does anyone know a way to force Gmail to load basic html without turning off javascript? (I do this through noscript--I just block google.com. Unfortunately, I don't want to block google.com (iGoogle won't work then...same with Google reader and notebook), I just want to block gmail.)

You should probably try the older version of Gmail as FirefoxRocks says. Actually, though, I don't believe they put up the older version until a week or so ago, because before then I don't remember seeing that particular option.

I also didn't like Gmail's update a few weeks back. It caused Gmail to load a lot slower (though according to reports it was supposed to have loaded faster: gmail was trying to fix loading times...but apparently made it worse.). I wish they could still allow filter creation in Basic HTML. It's not as if I'll die without the Ajax in filter creations: I'm fine with a few extra clicks here and there since it actually saves me more time than Gmail realizes.

Does anyone know a way to force Gmail to load basic html without turning off javascript? (I do this through noscript--I just block google.com. Unfortunately, I don't want to block google.com (iGoogle won't work then...same with Google reader and notebook), I just want to block gmail.)

gmail doesnt work on wii's anymore since they updated it. my brother has a wii and since gmail updated last week, the only time he can get on it is when it says the connection is slow and it gives you the option of viewing it in basic html.
gmail works fine on my computer though without problems.

same hereâŚno solutions in this thread.
mail.google.com/mail/h works fine but not mail.google.com

gsawiris
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

WEB SERVER NOT RESPONDING

Cannot Sign In To Gmail

I GOT ASTONISHED ON TRYING TO ACCESS MY GMAIL ACCOUNT. UNFORTUNATELY SAME ERROR APPEARS TO ME THAT "THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED"

-reply by wajih qazi

Can
Cannot Sign In To Gmail

Replying to pyost

When I tried to open my gmail account,it started to redirct to https://... A never ending web address appeared, and the computer was making noices, I used to be able to view my messages offline from a link, but now it dosn't do that anymore, so I just had to open a new Yahoo account, my business depends on email so much that I can't afford to loose my messages. Please tell me what to do now. Thanks!
Lily

-question by Lily

------- admin reply ---------

I recommend getting mail@yourname.com :-) from a good mail provider.

Google Premium Mail service offers 99.9% SLA uptime guarantee.

ya my gmail account is acting up too! Whenever I try to log in, it redirects me like 10000000000000000000000 times then it tells me to delete my cookies. What are cookies (in computer terms obviosly)

cant get into google mail

Cannot Sign In To Gmail

<p>I have correct username <a href="mailto:?????@googlemail.Coim">?????@googlemail.Coim</a> and correct password for 2 email addresses in google mail both working fine till today now yhey are being rejected and there is no one to help and not covered in all the google blurb. Anyone help please! </p>

-reply by will

I am a physics teacher and doing ph.D.I have nearly 30000 google alerts relating to my ph.D and other articles-I am unable to sign into my gmail account.Please help me as I require urgently.

Tanking you,

With regards

Laxmi Rajyam

The entire weekend I have not been able to access my email. I enter the same user name and password that I have been using once and sometimes several times a day for the last nine months and now all I get is "incorrect user name or password". Then I am instructed to reenter my pass word and to enter a series of letters at the bottom of the sign in box. I follow both these steps hit "sign in" and the result is the same two messages being displayed. I would really love to be able to access any new emails and to get to the emails that I have archived if I need to. I have always used gmail as my primary email, but now I am glad that I had the presence of mind to open a second email account with Yahoo!

no access to retrieve mailCannot Sign In To Gmail

What is wrong with this site? For over two weeks I have not been able to retrieve my mail. I've done all that was asked of me to get this straightened out with no results! Quite frankly I'm very upset.

-reply by esnyder

Me Too!Cannot Sign In To GmailI'm having the same problem. Wondering if it is connected to IE8? Seem to be having a lot of problems since downloading the new version. I don't recommend anyone download IE8 until they make it more compatable. Have you found out anything about the redirect? What could be causing this? It's driving me bonkers!-reply by M.Francis

Replying to iGuestI used to have the same issue and the problem was with the cookies filtering option being configured at the router/firewall. As you might already now, GMAIL, FACEBOOK etc, use cookies when you enter their sites, so if they are being filtered the sites keeps redirecting until they just log's the user off.Try it or check for it and let me know.Hope this solves you issue..-reply by Ianluis