xisto Community
Ozwaldo

Game Pad

I want to buy a new game pad to play in my PC, but I'm not sure how to choose the brand. I like the style of the Playstation pad.Can you recommend me something?Thank you

I remember I used to have this game pad called an "axispad" that was designed EXACTLY like the Playstation pads. I'm talking it looked like when other companies released playstation game pads, this would be what they'd release, except it was for the pc.Past that I know logitech has always made top end peripherals, I've never used one of their...well... anything that I didn't enjoy. So I'd recommend checking what they have to offer.Really as long as you dont cheap out on it, it's not hard to find a high quality gamepad nowadays.

A few months ago I was doing the same thing shopping around looking for a good gamepad, I read some great reviews about the Logitec 2 gamepads but also I saw some bad reviews on forums.I couldnt really find anything in our local city that was any better than the Logitecs so I ended up buying two, one Rumblepad and one normal.Me and my son play a lot of Fifa07 together and Need for speed Carbon with them both, I must report no errors at all, they are very nice to play with esp the rumblepad one cos it feels heavier and more robust than the normal one.One thing that sometimes goes wrong is...if one is plugged and ther other not, when you plug the other one in the first one can act a bit wierd and pull to the left, but unplugging them both and restarting the Logitec software seems to solve the problem each time.I feel also that they are very durable, weve dropped them a few times even dropped them face down onto the joysticks but so far theyve shown no damage at all :ph34r:

I remember I used to have this game pad called an "axispad" that was designed EXACTLY like the Playstation pads. I'm talking it looked like when other companies released playstation game pads, this would be what they'd release, except it was for the pc.

I have an axispad and it works great. Plus I was used to the feel of it due to it being just like playstations controllers. I haven't used it in awhile but, if I remember correctly, you could program the different buttons. I believe it also had an alignment test. I could be mistaken. It has been awhile and my memory isn't always the greatest. But I do remember it was very easy to use.

Yea it was fully programmable and had the alignment test. I used that gamepad for emulators for yeeeears. The only thing that finally wore out on it for me was the analog stick I used primarily. It didn't even wear out so much as got "loose" and sort of never snapped fully back to center justification, just sort of always stayed leaning slightly. This wasn't really an issue 99% of the time as it still snapped back to within the area that counter as center so it wasn't like randomly going in the wrong direction, but still felt a little odd while playing on it. However, like a playstation gamepad, there is the digital diagonal pad if that did bother you, plus it didn't wear out for about 2 years of substantial use so really its not an issue, especially seeing as those game pads were only about 20-30 bucks back when I got it, so if they are still kicking around I would imagine they are dirt cheap.

Actually I have 2 Logitech pads, one of them is a rumble pad, but the sensivity of the analog sticks is not the best and sometimes I feel frustrated when I play Pro evolution soccer or some race car games.I've configured it with the bundled software, but it's the same.What about Microsoft controllers?

I have been using some cheap generic things ($20-$35 AU), that resemble the playstation and playstation 2 game pads.The $20 is one it's own and the $35 one has two pads attached to the same input cable.After awhile they certainly do brake down but they do last for some time (providing you don't let too many little hands at them lol) and work very well.Not too sure if they have any brand name hmmm.