xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Arkane

Religion

"No, the original bible would be the Old Testament. Frankly, I find the Old and New Testament Gods to be very very different from each other. The Old Testament God seems to be more of a vengeful creature than the New Testament one. So yeah, it is rather contradicting, in a sense.I agree with Arkane wholly. Much of religion does teach morals, of which you do not need religion to learn. Just because someone is atheist does not mean they lack morals--that's a matter of what their parents instill into them."

The Bible was written by man but inspired by God. Each chapter in the Bible has an author (Genesis-Deuteronomy, the 1st five chapters in the Bible, were all written by Moses. Not one single chapter in the Bible was written by a God but was inspired by God. Old testament is before Christ and New Testament is after Christ.

Organized ReligionReligion

This is strictly my opinion and how I feel.  I feel that organized religion has done a few great things for some people, as they  need something to believe in.  However, organized religion cripples people.  Every denomination thinks that their religion is the answer.  We have so many religions in the world.  How can any one say that their religion is the right one  We are born with an an innate ability  to distinguish right from wrong.  We don't need religion to teach that.   Every  religion that exists today is the brain child of man or woman  that put their doctrines down as law. Even King James rewrote the bible to suit him.   Every religion came about by man and man is not perfect...Therefore, no religion is perfect. Every time I turn around there are wars, I.E. Religious wars. Why in the world would a religion be the cause of a war?  Isn't it supposed to make you love one another and do good? Organized Religion is a big money maker and a way to control the masses.

-reply by Brenda Tharp