xisto Community
xboxrulz1405241485

Symantec: Windows Is Most Secure Os

It's quite sad that in this day and age, we still have to read between the lines, and people should be more accurate with their content, just recently a popular beverage that has been around for years, gave the impression their drink had 4 times the amount of Vitamin C than Oranges, but in their wording, they said Blackcurrants used in the drink have 4 times the amount of Vitamin C than Oranges, but university students discovered they only had 1.5 times the amount of Vitamin C than Oranges, but it's possible the Blackcurrants they used had 4 times the amount. It turns out that this drink has more sugar than Coca Cola (Coke).Fewest number of patches means, they need to get off their *bottom* more and fix it. The least things they fix, the least number of patches you'll see.Shortest patch development time means they probably left a semi-colon off a product and fixed it quicker than some with more serious problems. There's been some things Microsoft has chosen to ignore, like not fixing a known problem, because they felt it wasn't worth it, so I'm guessing they also hold the title for longest awaiting patch development too.As far as I can tell, this is just twisting the information to their advantage, Microsoft has done this quite a few times with twisting the information around to make them be on top, but what does count is comparing Operating System components themselves and not programs, also severe problems and not how long it took them to develop a patch, but how long it took them to make sure all their Operating Systems in use became patched. Another thing, everything would be judged on a default installation, how about a custom installation with minimal options or can't they do that because Windows no longer allows customisation, and you have to put up with what gets installed?Security seems to be a big issue, and it would be with Symantec, but what about Stability. I know a lot of the problems can be a result caused by programmers, but there really needs to be standards implied, otherwise programming is just one big fire with logs being thrown in just to keep it running.Either way, we'll never get to the truth, just people saying Windows is secure, Linux is secure, OS X is secure. May as well say everything is secure as long as you take the precautions to make sure no one can break into your home/office and steal your computer.Cheers,MC

It's quite sad that in this day and age, we still have to read between the lines, and people should be more accurate with their content, just recently a popular beverage that has been around for years, gave the impression their drink had 4 times the amount of Vitamin C than Oranges, but in their wording, they said Blackcurrants used in the drink have 4 times the amount of Vitamin C than Oranges, but university students discovered they only had 1.5 times the amount of Vitamin C than Oranges, but it's possible the Blackcurrants they used had 4 times the amount. It turns out that this drink has more sugar than Coca Cola (Coke).
Fewest number of patches means, they need to get off their *bottom* more and fix it. The least things they fix, the least number of patches you'll see.

Shortest patch development time means they probably left a semi-colon off a product and fixed it quicker than some with more serious problems. There's been some things Microsoft has chosen to ignore, like not fixing a known problem, because they felt it wasn't worth it, so I'm guessing they also hold the title for longest awaiting patch development too.

As far as I can tell, this is just twisting the information to their advantage, Microsoft has done this quite a few times with twisting the information around to make them be on top, but what does count is comparing Operating System components themselves and not programs, also severe problems and not how long it took them to develop a patch, but how long it took them to make sure all their Operating Systems in use became patched. Another thing, everything would be judged on a default installation, how about a custom installation with minimal options or can't they do that because Windows no longer allows customisation, and you have to put up with what gets installed?

Security seems to be a big issue, and it would be with Symantec, but what about Stability. I know a lot of the problems can be a result caused by programmers, but there really needs to be standards implied, otherwise programming is just one big fire with logs being thrown in just to keep it running.

Either way, we'll never get to the truth, just people saying Windows is secure, Linux is secure, OS X is secure. May as well say everything is secure as long as you take the precautions to make sure no one can break into your home/office and steal your computer.

Cheers,

MC

That's true, fewer patches may actually mean less holes are being patched. Symantec should've said they found the least holes in Windows than any other operating system ;)

xboxrulz

Source: http://gizmodo.com/246447/symantec-windows-is-most-secure-os
lmao!! funniest thing ever!

xboxrulz

Only because they make AntiVirus for Windows doesn't mean that Windows is the safest. My friend uses Linux, a file virus downloaded in a EXE format and didn't even attempt to execute! Windows has the easiest to break in records. Click your fingers, enter blah blah in the DOS prompt and its infected.

Viruses don't go to people with mininum web education don't know about the impact that viruses does, that is why they use AntiVirus, good thinking!
Viruses go to the without AntiVirus, but don't you forget, any AntiVirus can't block all of them!

xxxx-jozh-xxxx

I agree. They are making products to a system which has lot of security flaws than any other operating system. That company itself is producing many viruses and posting definitions for it to disinfect. In such scenario if they publish such reports then definitely it is suspicious. By the way, very old topic is bumped.

Thats marketing strategy. Symantec is pushing everyone to use Windows. In that way they want to maximize their customers by giving them a crappy insecure O.S. But, I appreciate Symantec. Their protection is superior.

Protection of norton is superior ? beats me. It slows down the performance of computer in the name of security and stealth mode. They just make system unusable for user then what's the point for virus getting into it. Norton is famous for system hogging capability, there is not much change in their way of dealing with system performance.