Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can probably tell I make a lot of signatures for other people, mainly in my clan for Counter-Strike but if anyone wants one be sure to let me know.

Also please, comment and criticize my work, I'm always looking for ways to make my signatures better (and I already know some of my old sigs like the animated one I made for myself don't have the greatest fonts.

Those are really good! Very nice in my opinion. I think that you might have gone a little overboard on the text in the first two, but the rest are very nice. There is something about the third one though, not really sure, maybe just too much? That doesn't really make sense though, oh well, anyway, good job!

You have some good beginning stuff but still have some rough edges to fix.

1. Text needs some work, you don't want your text to stick out like that, it needs to blend in smoothly with the rest of the design. It has to have a combination of being visible but like its part of the sig altogether.

something like this

Posted Image

of course text is like one of the hardest to get good at.

2. Renders they need to blend in smoothly with your backgrounds especially when using contrasting colors of light and dark against, feather is a good technique to use since it works well with grunge backgrounds like some of sigs are.

3. Backgrounds take a lot of work depending on the style, because it requires a lot of blending and using the right layering properties to work well, especially since depth of the background is practically required since you don't want to have flat background for your sig. That is the reason knowing how to blend in your render with your background gives it the extra depth. With depth you need to using good lighting techniques which require the use of the lense flare filter.

Of course the best way to learn new stuff is reading like of tutorials in which I recommend pixel2life and gamerenders, they have the best index of sig design.

First of all, I'd just like to say that you've done a good job on these. Since I don't even know how to make sigs like the ones you've made, I shouldn't be the one to complain, but since you asked for a critique...I have to agree with saint-michael - the text really needs some work. They need to be blended into the background. For the first, second, third, and sixth ones, I find that the text does not contrast enough with the background. It makes it hard to read, especially with the fancy text. Make sure you have a good contrast between your text and background, or else it would be pointless to even /have/ text in your sig! For the fourth and seventh ones, just make sure you do more work on the text. At the moment, the text looks like they were added in MS Paint (that's how I worked back when I still didn't know how to use the GIMP! XD).The first sig needs some work on the animation. The blurs on the blood (it /is/ blood, right?) look really odd and the animation is quite choppy. If you want to add blood, look for some blood brushes on deviantART - they have quite a lot of them, last I checked.The third sig's bullet holes - more work on the gradients/colouring is needed! While I do know they are bullet holes, they also look like...well, spheres with little lighting from underneath.Generally, the graphics aren't too bad, but as saint-michael said, you have to blend them into the background more!I suggest you surf around, read tutorials, go to deviantART and get the brushes you need, and visit sites like dafont.com and wantedfonts.com to download fonts. Have fun making sigs!Serena

Ya, most of the ones with animation i did quite a while ago and honestly don't want to go through all of the work of re-animating themAs for the blood one, well I had no clue what I was doing when i started, as you can notice, the gray of the metal around the cut blurs in with the blood when I smudged it down, due to that it got mis colored but the guy I was making it for didn't really mind.

Very good. I like that you animated some of them. The next step is making them have action script. I can't remember how, but I have seen people that have .gif files that include actionscript. You may want to look up a tutorial on google. I can't read some of the words though. It looks like they are written in slang or 1337. Maby it is just the background affect. Maby it is the font also. It may work for you sig but it is a little hard to read. I got real confused on the first one you posted. I can't read a single word of it lol.Thanks,Sparkx

respectfully request Sig

My Current Collection Of Sigs

Replying to Arkane

Hey how are you,

Hopefully this request finds you doing very well! I have been searching and searching for an appropriate style of sig for my IMVU productions project. And I really hope that I am not bothering you and that you may be able to accommodate this request.

Standard sig size

"Rem0rseless" is my name

"designs" is the quote

"Something demonic and powerful looking, possiblty animate the "designs" or something"

I am hoping for something that really catches the eye graphically and looks professional and sleek.

Anyway thanks in advance!, I am over here in Afghanistan at the moment and this is my distraction in my spare time you might say. So thanks for at least listening and I hope you have a great day.

John

-reply by John

They're alright but could be a lot better.They are so squished up, too much is happening in the sig. This sometimes prevents it being blended.Text is average at best, just doesnt really suit the sig. As I always say "Text can make or break a sig"

You have some good beginning stuff but still have some rough edges to fix.

1. Text needs some work, you don't want your text to stick out like that, it needs to blend in smoothly with the rest of the design. It has to have a combination of being visible but like its part of the sig altogether.

something like this

Posted Image

of course text is like one of the hardest to get good at.

2. Renders they need to blend in smoothly with your backgrounds especially when using contrasting colors of light and dark against, feather is a good technique to use since it works well with grunge backgrounds like some of sigs are.

3. Backgrounds take a lot of work depending on the style, because it requires a lot of blending and using the right layering properties to work well, especially since depth of the background is practically required since you don't want to have flat background for your sig. That is the reason knowing how to blend in your render with your background gives it the extra depth. With depth you need to using good lighting techniques which require the use of the lense flare filter.

Of course the best way to learn new stuff is reading like of tutorials in which I recommend pixel2life and gamerenders, they have the best index of sig design.

Well if you want my thoughts i think the sigs he made are perfectly fine. How there made are all depend on the maker. everyone has there on theme and how the like to place things and what kind of colors, fonts, ect. and the picture you gave for an example of your if very simple. way to simple. (no flame intended)

Good job with your sigs and with what i see im thinking you like games like WWO and stuff like that. :o