xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Arkane

Maple Story lol

Well I've been playing this for a while out of shear boredom and thought I'd mention it here.Maple Story is more than an MMO, its a SSMMO (Side Scrolling MMO)The concept of the game is awesome but the game it self isn't the greatest. Basically you are chibi-like anime characters in some random world. The game doesn't have much storyline. Also honestly it's just a giant grind session (killing monsters endlessly) with no real promise of success at the end. Either way its a good game to pass the time =D. If you want to play it you can find it at mapleglobal.com (sadly you have to use IE to access the site)

Well I've been playing this for a while out of shear boredom and thought I'd mention it here.
Maple Story is more than an MMO, its a SSMMO (Side Scrolling MMO)

The concept of the game is awesome but the game it self isn't the greatest. Basically you are chibi-like anime characters in some random world. The game doesn't have much storyline. Also honestly it's just a giant grind session (killing monsters endlessly) with no real promise of success at the end. Either way its a good game to pass the time =D. If you want to play it you can find it at mapleglobal.com (sadly you have to use IE to access the site)

I tried to get into this game, but it screwed me since day 1. First off. It took four days just to get my account activation email so I could play the damn game. Second of all, its fricken gay, The maps are terribly designed, it has a steep learning curve and its had to start up on. And the damn controls are shot, Its screwed up for macs, And the concept is stupid... a Side scrolling MMo!

I played this game for a short while and didn't think it was too bad. It's cute, so it's got that going for it. Besides that though, you're right - it couldn't keep my interest for a long amont of time because it is a huge grind session. I got so tired of fighting those dumb mushrooms I wanted to pull my hair out. I also had a tendency to get lost in that game...not that there were a ton of places you could go, but still..amazingly enough I got lost. I didn't quite know what to do most of the time as well, but besides that, I guess it wasn't too bad to just pass the time, as you mentioned. The characters look neat, if you like..cute, tiny.....things. Ehh, I dunno if I'd even recommend anyone to play maplestory. It's not too bad at all, but it's definitely not great. Maybe though, it's worth a shot if you're horribly bored and looking for some mindless entertainment.