xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brcmville

Cybernations A Nation Simulating Game

Normally I am pretty on top of things when it comes to knowing about the best online text based games but I was surprised to find that I hadn't known about Cybernations. Being the junkie I am about simulating games, I decided to give it a try and for nearly a week I have been playing the game and I must recommend it to anyone who would enjoy building your own nation from nothing to an empire.

When registering for the game, you get to choose a few things that will determine what your country will be like, such as your Leaders name, your Countries name, the main religion, the currency type, government type as well as other things. You can also pick where your country will be on the planet using a google earth powered map!

The game focuses on realism, so all of the options you have for religion, currency, government and such are taken from the real world. What this means is that when you choose your countries currency, you can choose currencies ranging from the Euro to the Pound.

As soon as you get registered and have configured your nations details, you can do so much more, and it would be impossible for me to note them all since I have only been playing for nearly a week and I still am learning about it.

So, if you are looking for a pretty interesting nation building text based game, I strongly recommend Cybernations.

The Link is http://www.cybernations.net/.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
----------------------------------------------

If you want to learn more about the game, you can click the following link to view the game's information page:
http://www.cybernations.net/about.asp

Edited by brcmville (see edit history)

this looks like a rather interesting game. all the 'real life' influences would make it a fun game to play. I haven't had time yet to sign up and have a go, but when i do ill get back and tell you how it went!it also looks like a rather popular game, the graphics on the home page showing all the players and their locations looked pretty full, but i have to say there was only one person from Australia (i might have to fix that!!)

The game is very interesting, and if you haven't had time to sign up that I assume you wouldn't have time to spend on it throughout the day which makes it even better for you! Most of the best players in the game tend to log into their accounts only a couple times a day because there is nothing you really need to check on. The game goes by days, so every day you get a bill and you can collect taxes from your nation. Depending on how happy your people are and how strong your economy is, you make more or less cash ;)The image on the homepage is just an old shot at what coutries there I think. When you get into the game, there are over 40000 nations and alot more then 1 in Australia ;)Personaly, I put my country on a mountain in the middle of the desert in Egypt, ;)

I've been playing this game for almost a year now, and I've found it quite addicting due to the fact that it only takes 5 minutes of your time every day, and is still fun. Meaning you don't have to spend countless hours on it to become one of the top, you just need a little time and some good decisions. The game is pretty well done too, even though I wish they'd make wars a little more practical. And the image of the main page is live, but it only shows the top 50 nations or whatever. Which is why its not crowded with the 40,000 nations that have been built. I kind of wish they would make a complete nation map which showed all of the nations though, then you could look at all the nations near you and such.

sorry for bringing back an old topic, but I played this game about a year ago and alliances have gotten to be a big thing in cybernations.
It's a fun game and the alliances makes it even more fun. You get a pretty good community and get to be part of a government system. Alliances also help build up your income by doing tech deals, selling technology to other members that are at a higher level, you can earn up to 1.3 mil. The alliance I am offers some sort of aid after being active and graduating from one status to another. And they also offer guides to help out new members, such as how to back-collect taxes in order to gain more income.
If anyone wants to join an alliance after joining the game consider the Guru Order as one of your choices, the community is pretty cool and they can answer any questions.
http://guru.darkbb.com/login

i took a look at this game today and i think although popular, it can't beat the currently popular games like farmville where the objective is the same - to build a community or alliances and move ahead in the game. the concept is the same although both games are miles apart when compared to each other. however i think being too realistic can't be too good for a game. you can only love reality in a game to some extent. if everything seems too similar to the real world it can get boring or even irritating for some. comparing this again with farmville, it's not realistic at all! not even a single bit! even so its the most popular game online today. some people even say that realistic games are just like saying, "we have no imagination so we've given you whatever you see daily; now go play!" of course it's not like that with everyone but the more imaginative the games are, the more fun they are to play. cybernations is a fun game to play too, but it's definitely not going to catch up to the other popular games, so i hope it retains its loyal gamers for its survival.

cybernations is more politically involved. while farmville is just drag and dropping one thing and waiting for next day to come to play again.Cybernations keeps gaining new members daily so I wouldn't be worried about it losing members to other games. A lot of people in alliances play other games like farmville aside from just cybernations