xisto Community
Obscurus1405241541

Photoshop Cs2 Patterns

I got a big collections of patterns (.pat) to PS CS2.And I have tryied to creat my own patterns to be loaded in Photoshop.
What I want is to use my own made gfx to create .pat files.

Anyone who knows how to do that? ;)

// Obscurus

This is actually quite easy. Open a new canvas and design whatever pattern that you would like to repeat. You only have to design
one of what is going to repeated, but if you want to repeat it that is ok too. When that is done, use one of the selection tools to select
what will be repeated. For example if it is a square design, you would select with the rectangular selection tool. Once you have
selected what you want the repeating design to be, then go to Edit > Define Pattern. Photoshop will prompt you to give it a name so
name it whatever you want. That's it!

Now to use/test it you can just make a selection and go to Edit > Fill and select pattern. Your design should be at the bottom of the list of patterns.
I hope that helps you.