xisto Community
Team Destiny 07

50 Megs And Biz.ly

Well where can I start? I wanted a free host so I found one that looked ok, well maybe an add or two but you know what I mean? Well I look at the bottom of the page and there it is, the same annoying flashing animated ad I see everywhere I go. Then I look at the top of my page and I see the banner. Hey look a "Click here to Remove Banners!" conviniently next to the banner(sorry if I misspelled something). Ok but here is the features of the host: 50 MB Web Space, 1 GB Bandwidth, .25 MB File Size (yes point twenty-five), and File Manager (no FTP). Then when I go to register (note: I looked at a site of theirs before I registered) there's the plan chooser. I click free and choose my subdomain, at name.50megs.com (not my actual site). Then when I hit next guess what happens? O it goes back to the beggining not because of an error though. I thought it was my computer or something so I cleared my comp's cache and re-tried on IE7 and Mozzila Firefox, still the same thing. So I get Fed up and leave. I found a free host afterwards called biz.ly. So I check it out and well what do you know? It has the same type of website as 50megs. So I go to the register page and it's exactly the same but instead of name.50megs.com it's name.biz.ly. O and how could I forget the link to these "lovely" free hosts?
50 Megs
Biz.ly
Have Fun ;) (Not)

your regards,
ZoroSeerus a.k.a. Team Destiny 07

Astahost is a great host. But there is a difference, here we must actually post to get credits for our hosting. at places like 50megs and biz.ly you get absolutely free hosting (you don't have to do anything), but you miss out on all the goodies (mySQL, better bandwidth, more Disk Space, CPanel, FTP, you get where im going)it all goes back to that old saying, you get what you pay for. Even though, your not actually paying for hosting, taking the cheap way out is going to get you cheap hosting. Thats why I like Xisto, a bit of effort and you can have a professional website for free!

With the experience you had, Team Destiny 07, that's definitely not a good start opting for a good web host (let alone the FREE part) What can one conclude in such cases? on' they want new users to sign up with them? :ph34r: It might be that you're in the wrong location. A year back, before I hit Xisto, I had come across several hosts that provide hosting only to applicants in their locale : and there's no point in lying, they check up the IP anyway. So that might be the unshown 'error'! In either case, they should've told you about it! (Ashamed or something?! :) )