xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demolaynyc

Running Flash 8 In A Usb Flash Drive

I don't think that this is possible, because even if we compress the files and store them in the USB drive, then while executing them we've to again decompress it. I'd suggest including anyother small software like PhotFilter can be used.

there was no need to compress any files. I'm sorry I even said that word. what i meant was it would reduce the size to 26mb because you'd get rid of unnecessary files that make up 221 mb. The software will work easily without the need of decompressing anything

hmm, interesting. I never thought this type of thing was possible. Plus Im sure that the time it takes to start up the program would probably take realllly long. Being the fact that it is basically trying to get data from you flash drive. Not only that but I think that while you are working on a really big project with flash Im sure that the communication from your computer and your flash drive would probably start to experience problems because of the amount of memory that is being transfered left and right. I say save yourself the trouble and just install it on your harddisk. You get a really good program and avoid the hassle of performance issues when you have it on your computer. For those that dont have space on their computer and need to have it running from a flash drive, should clean up and free up some memory. Because when running it from an external source you will most likely be annoyed of the wait time it takes to do things with the features that are offered in flash.