xisto Community
Forsaken

Social Security

Ok this is more of a question than an acctual rant but I do think it is complete *BLEEP*!Here it is:WHY THE HELL DO WE HAVE HAVE TO PAY SOCIAL SECURITY EVERY PAYCHECK EVEN THOUGH WE WILL NEVER SEE A DAMN DIME OF IT!?!?!If you don't know what I'm talking about... this is it, at the rate of the US there will be more Senior Citizens than money to go around, therefor we will not get our social security as intended because the system needs to be reformed... but no worries BUSH is working on a reform right now :) but in the mean time STOP MAKING US PAY FFS!

I dont know any damn thing about Social Security Number cos it aint applicable in my country. As such, I aint bodering my sweet brain about it.

The Social Security program that we (Americans) have now goes all the way back to the time of Franklin Delanor Roosevelt and the Great Depression when he passed the Social Security Act. It was meant as an old-age insurance program, an unemployment compensation system, and an aid to families with dependent children and the disabled. It was very important during the time of the Great Depression because without it, many people would have experienced severe poverty or neglect.

Every month, a percentage of money is taken from workers' paychecks, like Forsaken said. This money is invested in a trust fund, and is paid to you when you retire, so you'll have more money given to you when you retire than the total money that was taken out of your paychecks. So to answer your question, Forsaken, yes, you do "get a dime of it", but you don't get it right away.

The Social Security system is also an unemployment compensation system because it tries to lure older people into retiring so more jobs will be readily available. This is beneficial to our economy because younger people can work faster and harder than older people.

There are several problems with the Social Security program, though. First, Americans are living longer than they did in 1935. Also, the ratio of workers to retirees is shrinking, so fewer people are contributing to the system relative to the number who are receiving benefits. Lastly, the benefits under the Social Security program have expanded.

:)