xisto Community
yordan

No More Free Hosting At Ttp://www.serverheaven.net

serverheaven.net/ is no more providing free hosting. Free hosted people have to upgrade to paid hosting, or loose their site. Here below is the announcement mail.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: ANY FREE HOSTING PLAN ACCOUNT THAT DOES NOT UPGRADE TO A PAID HOSTING PLAN, WILL BE PERMANENTLY TERMINATED AFTER 5 DAYS OF THIS NOTICE. Dear Hosting Client, Welcome to 2007! We wish you the best for this coming year! As time progresses, change is sometimes inevitable. And one of the changes happening at ServerHeaven.net is that we are no longer going to provide free hosting accounts. Naturally, you're asking the question - why? Well, quite simply this is due to too many malicious users abusing our generous service and using their hosting accounts for sending SPAM, hosting illegal content and various other violations of our Terms Of Service. Many abusers have signed up creating a number of accounts many weeks ago and every other week or so use another free hosting account for their malicious reasons. And as we now host some few thousand hosting accounts, it is no longer an easy job to monitor our servers for such abusers all the time. Hence we are introducing paid hosting accounts starting from only $0.99 or 99 cents a year for a basic hosting plan to ensure we have users on board who are verified by making a small payment. And you benefit by firstly warding off malicious users who don't want to verify themselves, and by reducing the amount of abuse of the server, hence resulting in greater stability and reliability for your own hosting. Note, any abusers who sign up and make payment, yet continue to violate our TOS will have their accounts terminated and no refunds provided. If you wish to continue with your hosting account on our servers, please login to our client management system here and click on the "Upgrade Account" option: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I love this way of working : giving you a free hosted plan, and after some time saying "you must pay or go away". That's why I remain hosted at Xisto, no such bad surprises.

I keep receiving mails of this kind every now and then (Being hosted everywhere does bring in incentives).

I love this way of working : giving you a free hosted plan, and after some time saying "you must pay or go away".

My point exactly, this is why I quit 110mb which had by far the best features (apart from Asta, that is). They keep toggling the Features & TOS every now and then. Speaking of TOS, I really liked what they had put up.

Bottom line: We know that almost no one reads those 10 page TOS guidelines, so we'll make this short and sweet...
You're free to put up anything with a genuine purpose. Generally something that your grandmother would accept or like.