xisto Community
jimmy89

Ccd Barcode Scanner Need some Help

I have just purchased a CCD barcode scanner from bitatek http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ < thats the product if you want to have a look. It came with a ps2 keybaord wedge interface and all i had to do was connect it to the computer and then the keyboard to the scanner.

i have connected it and both the scanner and keyboard have power. the keyboard types and the scanner element glows red when i press the scan button. but when i try to scan something, anything it wont go through, the element lights up for a few seconds then goes off.

the first time i connected it to the computer, i managed to get the scanner to beep and read a few barcodes from the book (the manual has configuration barcodes) now i cant get it to beep at all. when i connected it to a second computer i had the same problem, worked for a bit the first time, then wont work later!

waiting for your help
-jimmy89