xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Punkcat

Need Help With A Joomla Template

Hi,
I just installed a joomla CMS and I wanted to use this template, but for some reason it doesn't show the way it shoud be. This is my site:
Rarex.uni.cc
and it should look like :
template
It was tested on Joomla 1.0.11 and 1.0.12

The problem as far as I can see is that the modules for this template: top_menu, main_menu, grey, logo and header aren't listed in the modules position dropdown list when I want to assign a module to that position, so the menus show up in weird places. It's a tableless template, and in the css it's specified the div for this, but I don't know what to edit to add the missing modules positions.
Please if someone can help me I would be very grateful.

Kind of frustrating when someone designs a Joomla! template with non-standard Joomla! module position names.It requires you to add the missing names to the database then choose those in the module edit screen:First, Joomla Admin Control Panel > Site > Template Manager > Module PositionsThen add the reqired module names in the blanks at the bottom of the list.Once you have added all of the names there, you can change the positions of each of the modules in your list of modules:Joomla Admin Control Panel > Modules > Site ModulesSelect a module that requires a new home like your login module.Edit that module and in the position drop down menu, select "grey"!This will get you all fixed up until you try to change to another template since most templates will not use these extra position names and your modules will either not show or show in odd places.Hope this helps.vujsa

Thank you so much, it solved the problem alright. Also, I learnt a lot from this example alone. Again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :)

Hey, no problem.

I'm always happy to help if I can. Currently working of fixing a 500 word Japanese to English translation for a friend. The Japanese was so difficult that my friend could only manage to get a rough translation done.

Anyway, if you have any further questions about Joomla! templating, let me know. I have some experience with them. I think you'll find that there are a number of members here that use Mambo / Joomla! that can answer questions for you. There are probably several people that wouldn't know how to have fixed the problem that you had since most templates stick with the default set of module position names.

There are a number of other Joomla! quirks that tend to confuss people, so just let us know how we can help.

vujsa

Template ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

Need Help With A Joomla Template

Please can somebody help me figure out this Joomla problem?

When I load my template, I keep getting this error. ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package. I have a templateDetails.Xml file, so does this mean I have a problem in the file?