xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aequitas619

Golf Sidekick A bit of technology to help golfers

I had an idea today. What if they made a small ‘golf computer’ like a PDA that can be used to help with your course management, club selection etc. It can have a touch screen and can be preloaded with information about the course you are going to play. It could produce all sorts of information about the course including details about each hole, various slopes for the hole as well as the green and possibly a map of each hole. The amount of data that could be stored is huge and golfers will love it because they always like to use stats!Also, it can be combined with information about you. E.g. How far you hit each club and the trajectory with which you hit the ball. From this it could help you select a club and show you the best way to approach the green. I think this will be especially valuable information to golfers playing a course for the first time.There are several other functions I would put on it. Starting with an automatic scorecard and a projected handicap. Or maybe a way to help you enter target scores and it sets up your approach to each hole. Helping you every bit of the way.I think this will be a pretty sweet invention and I’m sure golfers will buy it. Ok, there are always the few that will think they don’t need machines but for the majority it will help.What do you guys think of my idea?

Sounds like a really good and helpful idea. : ) In a game though that seems to stick to strict rules with dresscode and such though, I don't know how well technology would be welcomed and integrated. Still though, seems like a mighy spiffy idea!