xisto Community
jimmy89

Soundblaster Live! 24-bit External Soundcard What do you think of it?

it is amazing what a good set of speakers can do! you said before you are using them for music and games so the 2.1 channel speakers should be good for you! i have a set of 5.1 speakers that i picked up of a friend for $25, pretty decent pair of speakers, great sound!i think the only reason you would really want to go out and purchase a set of 5.1/7.1 speakers would be when you where turning your pc into a home theater and needed some good sound and wanted the surround sound experience!congrats on your purchase also!-jimmyPS. how have you found the software? i have read some reviews where people have said that the software is hard to understand and can get complicated! personally, i found no problem with it except that they are all separate programs! it would be much better if they were all bundled into one, with the media player separate.

Nah I like the software seperated in this case, it makes things easier and faster for more individual tasks, the software is also very usefull lol.I rarely use bundled software with devices but these are usefull.

Yeah, thats going to be the only problem with USB. Though, normally it shouldn't matter! The only time, I think where there would be a recognizable delay would be when your recording and playing back at the same time. This would obviously use more bandwidth, which will slow everything down!Otherwise, I haven't seen any difference, besides that it sounds much better, which is good!-jimmy