xisto Community
Scionwest

New Text Based Game Maker A new text based game engine

hey there currently there are 4 of us working on a text based fantasy game, currently we have a clone base to start with but are looking to make a hell of alot of changes to it.
we are currently looking for 2 coders who have good knowledge of pHp and mysql.
-------------------
kelvin
Anybody know where the World of Warcraft European servers are located? Someone said they are all in Britain but I am not sure. Would they have some in Germany, some in Finland etc?

I am trying to do a business plan for my own massive multiplayer game and was wonder how they spread out the resources.

WoW Europe Gold

Things to consider in a networked gameNew Text Based Game Maker

I think that creating an online text based adventure is a bit tricky and am considering doing it myself once I have my basic engine complete and fully functioning without any bugs. I'll cerntainly take a look at this engine because I'm quite interested right now.Anyway, things to consider in an online environment is that you will ALWAYS encounter people who try to hack or cheat their way to the top, which means that unless your game consists entirely of text adventure without variables like rooms, monsters, character, items and the such, your game will be vulnerable unless you implement security measures. One way which is most common is a client/server where the client sends requests to the server and the server checks those variables to make sure everything is correct. This way you only have to provide a public key to the client which provides the password needed to access the server and contact it with new information like travlling between rooms.Gosh I didn't expect to go blabbing so much, but I really hope I opened a lot of eyes here. I myself have been pondering this type of stuff over the past two months while producing my own engine and game.I also just realised how old this post is...But hey, I came upon this within the first link on google so yeah.

-reply by Ramblin