xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
WeaponX

Need To Copy Data From "unknown" Formatted Hard Drive

I have no idea how norton works, but have you already tried browsing the hdd using a bootable linux cd ? Linux supports a lot of rare hdd formats, so maybe it supports the Sony PS2 format.I think you'll have most luck using knoppix (it's a 700mb download, and if it doesn't work, you still have a handy cd in case windows crashes again ;) ).

The Knoppix CD couldn't recognize the hard drive either ;)I found a solution to the issue. For those who have a PS2, they might know of a program called WinHiip. I used this program earlier already (before posting here at Xisto), but to no avail. For some reason, I got it to work today. It detected the hard drive and I chose the option to repair the directory since it seems to be corrupted somehow. I'm sure it's all well now in terms of copying it over to another hard drive. The program has an option to copy drive to drive.Many thanks for all the replies. Now back to my games ;)