xisto Community
TavoxPeru

Linking An Object Tag

Hi, i have an OBJECT tag -a swf file- that i want to be part of an A tag so when a user clicks on this it opens a new window, someone should think why i want to do this, well, the reason for this is because the swf file dont have an hyperlink in it and i dont work with flash so i cant edit it.

I try the following:

<a href="url_to_open"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="some.swf" width="70" height="70" id="logo"><param name="movie" value="some.swf" /></object></a>
And also i try this one:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="some.swf" width="70" height="70" id="logo" onclick="location='url_to_open'"><param name="movie" value="some.swf" /></object>
But either case it does not work, does anybody knows how to do it???

Another option that i think will work is to save this swf file as an animated gif, but as i said i don't work with flash, so if someone knows a tool to save swf files as an animated gif please let me know.

Best regards,