xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mindTweaK

Rpg Maker Xp

The unique, easy to use Ruby scripting software.
Anyone use this?

I use ^^

It's very good ;) ... I'm a bit famous on some RPG Maker Brazilian sites :P

I'm good with variables,switchs,common events... Basically ; i'm good just mapping and making engines :P

Actually , i'm trying to make a " slot game " with rpg maker ^^ ... And an online rpg game too ;)

The only problem i ever had with rpg maker is resources ... It's hard to find good resources ;)

If you know any good site with MANY resources for rpg maker xp , send me a pm ... Ok ? :P

I have RPG Maker XP, but I don't use it. I use RPG Maker 2003, besauce it has better combat system and stuff. I don't like RPG Maker XP's battle system and interface. B)

Well, The RMXP Ruby source code can change the default battle system to an Action Battle System, Turn Based System or Real Time Active System.
I think that XP is better because there are more possibilities to enhance it using scripts (if you search in the web 'RMXP Scripts' you will find a lot of sites), also, there are more resolution on pictures, and you can do more advanced engines...

By the way, you must pay for use it to Enterbrain...

Regards...

Well, The RMXP Ruby source code can change the default battle system to an Action Battle System, Turn Based System or Real Time Active System.
I think that XP is better because there are more possibilities to enhance it using scripts (if you search in the web 'RMXP Scripts' you will find a lot of sites), also, there are more resolution on pictures, and you can do more advanced engines...

Regards...

How much? Maybe its just a dollar! :D:blink:

I bought my copy for $60 US currency. Worth every dollar if you know how to script in Ruby. I changed my battle system a little and completely reworked my Menu and HUD. Just look over the default script and you can easily learn a thing or two.

I bought my copy for $60 US currency. Worth every dollar if you know how to script in Ruby. I changed my battle system a little and completely reworked my Menu and HUD. Just look over the default script and you can easily learn a thing or two.

Ouch! :blink:

I pain in the wallet!

i use it too is so good... i think that rpgmaker xp is the better because u can change anything with scripts.. and if you don't know nothing of RGSS . no problem man.. you can go in the forums and use the scripts that other people do.. and free xDDthis program is very easy to use.. 100%Recommendedbye ;)

Regards...

What do you mean by Action Battle System, Turn Based System, or Real Time Active System? Can you list some example of console games for them?

Game I would like to create are types like:

Legend of Zelda
Secret of Mana
Dragon Warrior
Neverwinter Nights
Fable
Diablo II

I use ^^
It's very good ^_^ ... I'm a bit famous on some RPG Maker Brazilian sites :P

I'm good with variables,switchs,common events... Basically ; i'm good just mapping and making engines ;)
Actually , i'm trying to make a " slot game " with rpg maker ^^ ... And an online rpg game too :P

The only problem i ever had with rpg maker is resources ... It's hard to find good resources ;)

If you know any good site with MANY resources for rpg maker xp , send me a pm ... Ok ? ;)

Hey do you know of a Secrect of Mana game made with RMXP. I came across one but it is not in english. Do you know how to translate a game?

Can you help me?

Rpg Maker Xp

Hi.

Can you please tell me where I can get the script so I can use the RPG maker 2000 battle system on XP?

-reply by Reid

HELP !!!Rpg Maker Xp

Hi all, I'm really into rpg games and am thinking of creating one of my own. I have a problem with this however in that I don't know how to program in the ruby language if so should I give up now, or is it worth my while hitting the books ? Presently I'm studying and sitting exams at school so have little time right now but was going to spend some time on it during my summer holidays. I would appreciate any advice you could give many thanks magic_wee_monkey. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif

-reply by magic_wee_monkey