xisto Community
JJBDude

The "lol" Phrase

i can't help it, i have to use lol XD i mean, it's better then saying AHAHAHAHAHAHA~! (sorry about that :blink:). but i think it's nice to say that, just to show that you think its funny just a little. lol , for me, is used like... for a small joke but for big jokes, i say something bigger like "OMIGOSH!!! THAT'S SO FREAKIN FUNNY!!! XD" (sorry bout that too :)). So... it's no big deal really, you don't have to hate it or anything, it's just some popular internet phrase

I am also a hater of the "lol" expresion. Most of the time, the thing isnt funny. The other half the time, the person isnt even laughing. A chuckle doesn't deserve "lol". A "heh" doesnt deserve an "lol". The only time that "lol" should be written, is when your laughing so hard you can't even type. I cant laugh out loud at most stuff I zee on that computer. But Strong Bad, that guy cracks me up.

yes, i do agree with that part. i was on a forum one time and i was talking about something that was really REALLY sad in my favorite show and the next person posted "lol". I was so angery because I didn't find anything funny about it. But I don't hate the phrase, I just don't like it when people use it at the wrong time.

Well I say lol sometimes.. especially if im like laughing at myself. I dont read it as "laughs out loud" or "lol" (like lollies?) i read it as L-O-L .. if something is really funny i say LOL but usually ha ha's .. im not much of a he he person. And i haven't really caught on to the ROFLs or the LMAO .. i don't really like seeing lolz .. or soz..

I use it as a response or an acknowlegement. If somebody says something that I find humorous or funny, I will acknowledge it by "LOL". I dont find myself laughing out loud very often while on the computer (perhaps I am not going to funny enough sites).

well i use lol a lot, and i actually use it whan i laugh and openly, maybe not rolling over laugh. then i use lmao. but that often, cause that would mean me laughing like a hynae. and that won't be good on anyoneand sl... well it isn't that bad, i might use it, but pll would catch on to anythingso keep using and believe me it would ctach on. don't be to eager to say u started it. if u do, ppl wouldn't use it. but if u us and say the full thing when asked, it would spread like fire!! so rock on babe, so i wopuld say i know the person who started it.and losing the cc thing was 4 th best, sounds like carbon copy

I have never used the blasted thing. I could tell possibly if it was a temporary little phrase used only when you're laughing out loud, but I think that the whole thing has gotten out of hand, and it's right, the thing isn't even used for the correct purpose anymore. It would be like if I said, "I like this article, lol". Someone please tell me what was funny in any sense about that phrase? Maybe your little "sl" thing might come in handy. I'm betting with the way phrases like these catch on yours will too, not sure if I'll use it though.-reply by Fana