xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yoofus

Changing A Dynamic Ip How to change your dynamic IP.

I'm using this ever since I got a broadband connection. This helps in downloading the files faster from rapid share and other services that track IP address. :P

No problems :)Changing A Dynamic Ip

Thanks for your tutorial. It gave me what I needed to know in order to

write a batfile. Here it comes:

rem This file just updates dynamic ip-addressesRem Lars GarefeltRem You can find me in SkypeEcho offClsEcho BEFORE CHANGEIpconfigIpconfig /releaseEcho ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Echo This will take 4 or five minutes, just wait andEcho then you will see if your ip-address hasEcho changed. Enlarge the window if necessary.Echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Ping -and 300 127.0.0.1>nulEcho AFTER CHANGEIpconfig /renewCmd

That's all

-feedback by Lars Garefelt

Nice job. Thanks for this info. I personally hate using proxies cause they don't always load everything and then you get pop up etc. etc. This will help avoid that stress. Thanks again!

thanks for the useful tutorial. Once I got stuck when changing my dynamic IP a different way and it didn't come out to be too pretty. I was experimenting lol. My ISP kind of got mad... hehe. :lol: I asked them for help. :XD:

"the requested operation needs elevation" What should I do in this case?Changing A Dynamic Ip

When I enter command "Ipconfig/release", my internet connection did not drop, instead I got this message: "the requested operation requires system elevation" What should I do in this case?Replying to yoofus

-question by Devon

ipconfig/release

no operation can be performed on  while it has media disconnected.

Riiight. I'm gonna need help with this one.I've google'd and all the results are errors like that that are no operation can be performed on Local Area connection while it has media disconnected

But mine doesn't. Any ideas?

They'd be much appreciated. [:

-reply by Laaaaaaame

IP ADDRESSChanging A Dynamic Ip

dei..I was downloading movies from rapidshare..When I clicked on theSecond movie it said the ip had downloaded one already.. So I wentThrough online and found a trick..I did the following as I was toldTo(to hide my ip address or show a false one to rapid share...)1. Clear your browser cookies.2. Open the command prompt (Start -Run - cmd.Exe)3. Run the following simple commands:Ipconfig/flushdnsIpconfig /releaseIpconfig /renew4. Type exit toClose the DOS windowAfter this it seems my ip address has changed..The problem isThat the net connection speed of 256kbps has now changed to 1Mbps(whichWas not my intention).. I don know what to do..Am I in any problem...How do I get my previous id..

-question by suren

If a dynamic IP address keeps changing, why do I see tips online about changing your dynamic IP address? 'Changing' a 'Dynamic address' sems a bit oxymoronish - or is me that's a moron for missing something here? I can see why I may need to change a static address, but why change something that changes anyway next time I access the internet?Cheers,Pete

It is really nice little tutorial. but can you tell in detail where is its application? what's the use of changing dynamic IP address. Everytime you get disconnected, the DNS will give you new IP address automatically. So, tell the applicability of changing the IP address?

I agree - can somebody please answer this because to me it seems no more than an academic problem - changing something that changes itself anyway! <_<

Pete

I agree - can somebody please answer this because to me it seems no more than an academic problem - changing something that changes itself anyway! <_<
Pete

This would apply when you have a dynamic address that doesn't change often, as I have. I can reboot the modem, restart the computer, and still have the same address. This is helpful when you want to change it NOW.

Hi yoofus,

Nice information.You can change your network IP address by this way,

If it is static IP,you cannot change it.Static IP will not change even when you reset the modem.You have to contact your Internet Service provider(ISP) for changing static IP.If your IP address is dynamic,it will change whenever you reset the modem.Before or after changing your IP address,you can check it using http://www.ip-details.com/ .

Edited by Declan (see edit history)