xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tansqrx

SMTP Access?

Iâm thinking that this is more of a Xisto host question than a VB.NET question. An application that I am working on needs to send notification once an update is performed. I figured the best way to do this was to send an email message to a specific Xisto email account. I have already setup the account and it works fine but Iâm having problems using Xisto as the relay. Below is a snippet of the code that I am using.

Public Function sendMail() As Boolean		Try	â_strFrom= âx@ycoderscookbook.comâ				â_strTo= ây@ycoderscookbook.comâ			Dim mail As New MailMessage(_strFrom, _strTo)			mail.Subject = _strSubject			mail.Body = _strBody			Dim SmtpMail As New SmtpClient			SmtpMail.Host = "ycoderscookbook.com"			SmtpMail.Send(mail)		Catch ex As Exception			MessageBox.Show(ex.ToString)		End Try

I get an exception thrown (Unable to read data from the transport connection: net_io_connectionclosed). When sniffing the packets, the request is made but no reply is ever received. Iâm guessing that Xisto has done something to block this behavior (prevent SPAM) and thatâs why no communication is happening.

Any ideas on the mail issue or perhaps a better way to send program notifications?

Any word on this yet? I have found a stop gap solution but it is not perfect by any means.My solution so far includes using phpFormGenerator from the Fantastico Cpanel addon. My biggest gripe is that the attachments are saved in a very weird way and I can not customize the subject.

For Emailing option

SMTP Access?

I want to know, I have received my all massages diffrent-2 Email ID to received only one Email ID address.

-question by Sumit Khicha