xisto Community
c0kr3x

Restoring Grub Boot Loader

Thank youRestoring Grub Boot Loader

I'd like to thank KnogleMopwater very much for his informative and very simple how-to. Without that how-to, I would be utterly ****ed. Thank you very much. :D

<3

- Anonymous

Dunno if u got this fixed yet or not but I had a similar issue and that should work, first boot to live cd then in terminalUse root account, on live cd no pass should be neededSu

then run grubGrub

In grub run the following

find /boot/grub/stage1

returns hd(0,5)

root (hd0,5)   note the space between 'root' and '(hd0...'

Setup (hd0)   use whatever number was given to you from the fist find command

Quit

Fixing Grub missing While other distributions install or run the fixmbr command to me - recover mbr Windows XP, probably installed grub on the mbr will be lost. To deal with this, use the following steps: 1. Prepare to enter the LiveCD distro keterminal, for example: using distributions Kanotix. 2. Booting - it was the LiveCD, so that it can enter the distribution system it. Open a terminal and then type grub command to enter the grub console. $ Grub grub> 3. After entry into the main grub menu, type the following command, for stage1 file information contained on your computer. Grub stage1 file needs to - setup grub. grub> find / boot / grub / stage1 (hd0, 4) (hd0, 5) (hd0, 6) 4. In the example above, detected three stage1 files contained in the system tesebut. Grub is in the back is hidupakan contained Linux distribution on the partition / dev / hda4 or (hd0, 4). 5. Next, well-located to grub stage1 files that have been detected and want to use. grub> root (hd0, 4) 6. Continue with installing grub to the mbr, and then exit the grub menu. grub> setup (hd0) grub> quit note: command setup (hd0), can you replace with the command setup (hdX, Y), where X is the disk, and Y is a disk partition want to use grub. Hopefully useful. ;)

access EISA configuration partition using grub if only xp OS is installedRestoring Grub Boot Loader

I want to run rescue and recovery partition in IBM thinkpad R52 which is having one partition in harddisk and which is accessible only by access ibm key. But now it is not working. Partition is existing. I want to take backup of data of that partition. How to get it . 

-question by geeta

Stage1 not existRestoring Grub Boot Loader

I don't know why but wen I tryey the folowing commane

find / boot / grub / stage1

UBUNTU say:

ERROR 15 : File not found

and there is not Stage1 in grub directory so I can not recover that

how can I recover my UBUNTU grub now?

-reply by hassan=

grub loaderRestoring Grub Boot Loader

HiI had dual boot system of windows xp and fedora.After someDays I have uninstalled fedora.But now I want to get back windows xp again.How Can I restore Grub boot loader again?Please help me out...

-question by sriharsha