xisto Community
FirefoxRocks

Visual Basic Express Tutorials Need resources

I have just downloaded Microsoft Visual Basic Express 2005 and I need a tutorial to help me learn how to create simple programs.I have already watched the 16 hour RSS Reader series from Microsoft and I'm currently working on that. I also have developed a Web Browser and a weather tracker system, from the help of Microsoft E-Books and other Microsoft resources.If you could find any non-Microsoft resource on Visual Basic Express, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,
if you did a search of google you could find some pretty good tutorials and articles on vb.net. my favourite is dev articles. there vb.net tutorials is not as such projects that you can do but tutorials on how to do things in vb.net. there website is https://www.devarticles.com/c/b/VB.Net/ if you wanted to go have a look.

also, http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/NET/vbNet.html have some pretty good beginner tutorials (making forms, logic, loops, arrays etc etc). heaps of stuff! good if your just starting out, or even if your advanced and need to know something! they have code examples and its pretty easy to understand

good luck and happy programming
-jimmy

I have always been fond of the built-in MSDN documentation. From my experience it is the first place I look to find answers.I have always had this philosophy on technology or anything else for that matter. You must have a need before you can use and learn about something. Take this as my example. My mother never used a computer. I built one for her but is just sat in the corner collecting dust because she never had a need to use it. One day she read that you could work on your family tree (Genealogy) on the computer. This has always been an interest to her so she decided to break down and see what she could do. After much frustration (she had to learn the basic Windows interface first) she started entering data. From this she learned that the computer fulfilled one of her needs so she started to use it.My question to you is what is your need? I first started programming when I needed a program to download files from the Internet. There were several programs on the Internet that *almost* done what I needed but not quite. In the end I made my own. I almost lost my religion a few times in the process but I learned a lot and I am now hooked. Anytime I need a program that just doesn’t exist, I just make it.Let us know what your end goal is and we will be more than glad to help you along the way. VB.NET (or any programming language) is just too powerful and hard to use if you don’t have a specific goal.

Good point. I want to start with something simple, but I don't know what exactly is "simple" in the world of Microsoft programming. Also keep in mind that the tutorials that were suggested used Visual Basic .NET (the full version), and I am using Express, so I don't have that many features and stuff.The only thing I can make right now is a window with a button that exits the program when clicked on. :blink:A program that I could start working on is to store recipe data in XML files, it should be too hard I don't think. I mean, I could probably make it from PHP and some other XML stuff if I was dedicated enough.

well...about the post... anybody here knows about memory injection? im searching a how-to or somthing like this...i want to manipulate this, writing and reading... i know something but on C++ language.. now im trying to do something on Visual Basic... and when i saw this post i thought: "well.. i'll post here cause the topic is about visual basic, right?" .... hehehehehnow im here.. anybody knows something?