xisto Community
chaosgeorge

Free Hosting MySQL remote connections

Sorry, but their is no such service. First off, you can only run it as either a root user on a linux system, or an admin on a windows system. You would have to rent out the whol server. Why do you need such access?

Edited by Levis (see edit history)

Sorry, but their is no such service. First off, you can only run it as either a root user on a linux system, or an admin on a windows system. You would have to rent out the whol server. Why do you need such access?

Not really clear, but the way I understand it, seems that he wants to connect to a database from another computer. That's what you are doing now, connecting from your PC to Xisto's mysql database.
So, I would say that he needs the connect string in order to connect to a database.
There are some mysql servers which allow connecting to the mysql database, they allow you to create a database, a database user, and give you the connect string (host name, TCP port, database name, etc...) Unfortunately the free ones will also send pop-up ads windows.

Not really clear, but the way I understand it, seems that he wants to connect to a database from another computer. That's what you are doing now, connecting from your PC to Xisto's mysql database.So, I would say that he needs the connect string in order to connect to a database.
There are some mysql servers which allow connecting to the mysql database, they allow you to create a database, a database user, and give you the connect string (host name, TCP port, database name, etc...) Unfortunately the free ones will also send pop-up ads windows.

exactly the one i need.. a hosting which can let me access a connection from my desktop..

i have a .NET framework system here written with visual studio.NET and a powerbuilder [borland studio] written software that needs such connections..

i have no luck yet finding a mySQL one. though i found postGre versions..

seems that most companies have locked the mySQL access to localhost and denies the % wildcard connection.. wish i can find a free one that does.. only thing i need is insert, update and delete table row..

:)

exactly the one i need.. a hosting which can let me access a connection from my desktop..
i have a .NET framework system here written with visual studio.NET and a powerbuilder [borland studio] written software that needs such connections..

i have no luck yet finding a mySQL one. though i found postGre versions..

seems that most companies have locked the mySQL access to localhost and denies the % wildcard connection.. wish i can find a free one that does.. only thing i need is insert, update and delete table row..

:)

I was satisfied with http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . They have a lot of disagreable pop-up ads, but they do the job they promiss. You create your databases, and you access them from another computer.
Here is how they express themselves :

We are the leading provider for absolutely FREE MySQL Database Hosting. With our control panel we give you the extra edge to managing your free databases. We provide an even higher level of support and service to you and the rest of our clients. Also being the absolute first free mysql database provider to have a control panel for our clients to manage their free databases, we give you the option to have multiple databases under one account. You are never limited to how many you can create, with a max of five at one time.

For learning purposes, their ads are not so disturbing, that's why I use them for test purposes. You simply create your account and start working.Of course, for my official website I prefer Xisto because it's banner-free and has a nice support forum.
Regards
Yordan