xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mafamba Team

Religious Contradiction Is every world religion swimming in its own pools of contradictions?

I think religion is a way of life. Some people took it so seriously that they started their will on others on the name of religion. Some even went farther and started killing and raping on the name of religion. All it is that depends on interpretation of every religion. Christianity and Islam are more conservative because they go by one book. While Buddhism, Sikhism and Hinduism seem to be freer in nature and more adaptive to change , they do not deliberately convert people.

I think you hit on two fundamental things. First, serving God needs to be a way of life. When we see someone else "missing it' then we need to pray to God to open their eyes to see what they should be doing or where they should go. This flows naturally into the second thing: that is, namely that converting people is Okay if it is done in a presenting method. Presenting means presenting Christ to someone if they are interested. Deliberately attempting to convert someone whether they are interested in God or not, is not only wrong, it is trampling the rights of others. Unfortunately, alot of times people do attempt to do this and do not see anything wrong with it.

Why can't we just see the value in another person and trust them and God enough to let them make their own decisions?

As a proud athiest i dont concider their to be a god, or good and evil for that matter

No offence intended but i think scientology is the stupidest thing ever!

Look it up, their god figure Xenu came to earth on a space ship that looked like a 'Douglas DC-8'

Thats a modern plane for F#@K SAKE!!!

It was made by a science fiction writer and i susspect that theres not that much REAL science involved anyway.....

But i think that chistianity has its BAD bits too.

Like the garden of Eden, its a proven fact: evolution happens.

In australia since the introduction of cane toads lots of australian critters are dying

because they try and eat the toads, but some animals are evolving and adapting to the

poisen.

Thats EVOLUTION!!!!!!

Judism on the other hand isnt quite as bad,

if people lived their lifes using it as a basic guideline it would be good,

like only giveing painless deaths to livestock

But I still think being a ateist is good! ;)

But i think that chistianity has its BAD bits too.Like the garden of Eden, its a proven fact: evolution happens.
In australia since the introduction of cane toads lots of australian critters are dying
because they try and eat the toads, but some animals are evolving and adapting to the
poisen.
Thats EVOLUTION!!!!!!

As Christians, we don't deny evolution entirely. I agree that living things adapt to their environment such as IMMUNITY. The Spaniards were immuned to the disease they brought upon the Native Americans. That's a fact for sure and is foolish to deny. Survival of the fittest is also true because if a specie can't survive then it's doomed to extinction. But the idea that we have come from single-celled organisms is not

1) not only that..to create a new species, It must happen a lot if not millions of DNA mutations. That is impossible to happen by chance..,,besides that,,if you try to breed different species is impossible because they have different pair of cromosomes..OK..you have your point..Some especies adapt to their surroundings,,but does that mean that it is a new species? ,,or just that it adapted..You know,,if it adapted,,then there is no DNA mutation,,and There is no new species..2) About the contradictions...In my experience,,only people that love some kind of sin,,is the people that find any reason,,to try to deny Gods reality..Other people,,find sense in their religion...3) Wrapping all up, people who likes to sin, will find any excuse to stay in a relativism about good and evil ( everything depends on your point of view...yada yada yada ) and people who do not like to sin,,will seek the truth,,and the truth will set them free...You know Jesus is the truth..Well this is just an opinion,, I did not try to offend, I just tried to point some experiences I had...

1) not only that..to create a new species, It must happen a lot if not millions of DNA mutations. That is impossible to happen by chance..,,besides that,,if you try to breed different species is impossible because they have different pair of cromosomes..OK..you have your point..Some especies adapt to their surroundings,,but does that mean that it is a new species? ,,or just that it adapted..You know,,if it adapted,,then there is no DNA mutation,,and There is no new species..
2) About the contradictions...In my experience,,only people that love some kind of sin,,is the people that find any reason,,to try to deny Gods reality..Other people,,find sense in their religion...

3) Wrapping all up, people who likes to sin, will find any excuse to stay in a relativism about good and evil ( everything depends on your point of view...yada yada yada ) and people who do not like to sin,,will seek the truth,,and the truth will set them free...You know Jesus is the truth..

Well this is just an opinion,, I did not try to offend, I just tried to point some experiences I had...

Adding on to this (I hope you don't mind) is that those who like to sin and want to find the facts to prove it's ok to do these things will try to deny God's existence. But those who are broken down and have become so low in society (not saying that you have to) have tried to look for someone. They turn to God when they find out about him.

If you are one of those who deny God, look back and think about what you felt about commiting these "sins". Did you feel any remorse?

If you are one of those who deny God, look back and think about what you felt about commiting these "sins". Did you feel any remorse?

I feel bad if i have wronged another, but thats not cus i wanna get in gods good books, its because whoever i have wronged is a living person. They are an intelegent life form and think freely. And we come to ur theory on sinning, are u actually saying that only atheists sin and dont regret it?

The other thing in ur post, yuhuu, u contradicted urself. u said only ppl that dont like to sin seek the truth, but u also said that sinners will seek a way to prove gods not real, wouldnt that also be seeking the truth?

PS. havn't humans found skeletons of half evolved humans, because if you keep adapting theres actually going to be mutations after a while. Im not saying evolution took overnight it took billions of years. Like if you had a bunch of horses and u breed the biggest ones together, and repeated this for a hundred years, you would have a bigger breed of horse. Just like if the smartest monkeys breed(makes sense cause they have inntelagence in common) you would end up with a verry slightly smarter monkey, rinse and repeat, and in a million years u have the first step towards human likeness!
Edited by noddy (see edit history)

Religion and contradictionsReligious Contradiction

Science seeks objective truth. Its application (applied science) is technology. Normally an application of truth is done with an eye on profit. This means that when commercialized it becomes corrupt.

Spirituality seeks subjective truth. Its application ( shall I say applied spirituality) is religion. Here also the application of truth is done with an eye on profit.

A spirit seeker always looks inwards. He is normally not bothered about others or outside world. While the objective truth seeker always look outward.

I do not know if I made it very clear. Please correct me if I am wrong

ASHOK