xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

Question: So, Why Posting?

So, my question is why do we need to post? I mean I can see how it is required to make sure the people who use the hosting FOR FREE are good users, educated, and well behaved! But I know there are more reasons, like each view of an ad is 50 Cents to the host?If an admin or mod. can reply to this ASAP because I have alot of questions after this one!

I'm not an administrator or a moderator but I understand the reasoning behind it all. I'm sure I can't give you the reasons OpaQue would give you, but if you want a site with no ads this is just the best way to go. Posting on the forums is a good way for people to learn new stuff or get good help with a problem they have. I don't know a lot of the stuff many others on Xisto do but that's just the thing - its so easy to learn or get help when I need it. People usually respond to my questions in a flash - it's so helpful. This is the best way to go if you do not want to pay for a website. This has so many features its unbelievable...at least to me it does :) . I understand, and I'm sure you do, that Xisto is a business, and in order to make money advertisements is a way to make profit. Many hosts will offer you a free site, but you have to place ads on your pages. Everyone has to make sacrifices...Trap17 wants to offer you a website with no forced ads for free, thats making a huge sacrifice. Your sacrifice, in return, is to remain active and productive in these forums.To me, this is a great organization that is run like no other. I hope you find it acceptable to post good messages in order to be on a host of this quality. I'd never go anywhere else. Hopefully you will feel the same.

Posting on the forums is a good way for people to learn new stuff or get good help with a problem they have.  I don't know a lot of the stuff many others on Xisto do but that's just the thing - its so easy to learn or get help when I need it.  People usually respond to my questions in a flash - it's so helpful. 

63959[/snapback]

Forcing people to post it is not the best way to produce a good and interesting debate. In my opinion and i am sure some of the people in Trap will agree Trap forums are mostly empty of contents. It is true that i got valuable feedback more than once for people hosted here but most of the time i feel like losing my time navigating through all these forums. I try to keep posting only to interesting stuff and and posting to interesting threads to keep my hosting. So far, so simple.

Yeh.. Any suggestion to improve this forums are always welcome. That way, We can assure that you don't feel that you are forced to be here. Feel free to drop in a PM :-)

The problem is that the concept of Xisto goes against quality forums. Forcing people to post decrease the quality of their contributions.

At first I thought it would be hard to post here... because I didn? know the people around here and well... english is not my language and I feel that I?m making a lot of mistakes in each post that makes me fell like an idiot :) but soon you find your place here and some interesting conversations.I prefer this to a free hosting totally impersonal. At least, here you share opinions, you know who is behind the hosting and mods help you with the register proccess and hosting settings. B)

well i must agree posting is kind forv\ced for me i need just 20 mb space for stuff and want ad free space.i m trapped here for just small wish of mine.i m bit forced to post 4 posts every week or so to increase the level of my credits anyway maybe bringing advertisers to forums or to Xisto may solve the problems but i dont know how we can improve Xisto ?

I think that giving out free hosting just for posting is weird and there is proberly better ways but it makes it easier for me to get hosted. This makes Xisto unique, some people could post all day (me being one of them) and finally there is a site which gives something back to you when you post on their forums.

well i agree many users can post 10 posts in aday and make many credits for months i guess and it even never mnakes good community anyway.

The problem is that the concept of Xisto goes against quality forums.

Forcing people to post decrease the quality of their contributions.

64598[/snapback]

Xisto is ultimately forcing you to make posts, you can make your own topics about the things that you like to talk about, so you aren't required to talk about things that you don't want to talk about.