BitShift

Best Email Client For Gmail

simpleBest Email Client For Gmail

windows: seamonkey suite

linux: evolution

for portability: web based gmail

simple.

-reply by linuxlover

Outlook doesn't work correctly with IMAP.  It's not a matter of auto-hate, but since Microsoft leverages their semi-monopoly to edge out competition, their products will sometimes neglect to remain current with industry standards.

Same goes for Apple, though they have less of a platform to leverage in terms of email.

Not moralizing here, it's just how things are.  Outlook is a terrible email client for gmail. Mac's Mail.App is decent.  On Mac, Mailplane is good, but costs money.  Thunderbird works fine for most things.

-reply by thegnu

I also use a web based one. However, I see the possibilities that Thunderbird offers. Instead of opening a new window/tab to read your email, just click on the Thunderbird icon. However, you also have to deal with another window anyway.

eM ClientBest Email Client For Gmail

I use eM Client for about a year. Everything you need is just fill in your gmail credentials and your gmail account is set. It allows you to synchronize contacts and calendars and also integrates google jabber. I also love the communication and attachment history = no search needed. Well, it's not for free if you want more than 2 e-mail accounts, but for 49 bucks it definitely worth it.

reply by George

email clientBest Email Client For GmailReplying to BitShiftI am otherwise ok with a web-based client. But (silly enough reason) I want a client whose icon I can identify among my umpteen browser windows (on mac). Also, it'd be good to have off-line access to email. And I am talking about only my gmail account. So, mailplane may be an alternative, except it costs money. Any other advice?

EverDesk Google Edition. Made for Google, has all the Gmail nifty features like stars, important, works correctlt with labels, etc. It also syncs with Google Contacts, Calendar and Docs (!) and supports multiple accounts. It is not free, but it does so much more than just a simple email client! You can get more information here: http://www.everdesk.com/