xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Best Multimedia Players For Windows

My choice(s) of Multimedia players....Best Multimedia Players For Windows

VLC...Seems to have potential and be very multifunctional, but I just can't get used to the boxy Interface...It is certainly one of the ugliest players. My top 5 in no particular order 1) KMPLAYER ...A toss up between that and 2)Zoom Home Max 7.0. Both are multifunctional and play 99% of the video formats/containers out there. I watch alot of anime which comes in a wide variety of media files ...Mkv, .Ogm, .Avi, are the major ones. I would have to go with 3) Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 Mark II Ultra 3D (though not quite as versatile and very pricey...But the picture is amazing...4) another lesser known, but phenomenal player is the java-based "Kantaris" the picture is as good as any I have seen and if you're a fan of the Kmplayer interface than give this a go. 5) Lastly, having 3 external drives, and approx. 2.3 TB of video files can be a hassle to load onto a playlist and forget it. That and the fact that it seems to be the most hassle free media player due to a simple yet very sharp interface...The 5) AVS Player is definitely worth a mention. It loaded my 4897 video files quicker than I could navigate to the next drive...Not to mention the playlist sorts the files better than any player I have used thus far. Add a professional quality designed interface and excellent HD and this  is one of the best newer players in a while.

MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS : (In my opinion) 1) The BS player (Although it does do quite a bit...Which preschool was commissioned to come up with 101 skins drawn on wet napkins with crayons?) really ...Not to mention even BS player Pro only loaded 2-300 of all my media files onto a playlist and it found everything from 2 second chirping  files to icons I have never seen before...But the critics seem to LOVE it...Probably all those useless functions. It can play streaming video from all over the web but can't find a movie on your hard drive. It certainly lives up to its name. 2) WINAMP...This is a perfect example of a player that can't find an identity. It has thrived and it's monster website has only gotten more popular and it may kick the Llama's *bottom*...But it s---t's the consumer's bed. It not only plays the least formats of any player short of Adobe Flash Player but it has 2000 tv stations that don't work, plugins, addons, skins, bells, weather forecasters, 20,000 different similar sound equalizers, radio stations, it's the swiss army knife with a spork, fingernail clippers, and a cork screw...But no knife. I guess the appeal is that everyone can become a member of the Winamp junior developer's silly software society. With that said if you're looking for an MP3 player...You can't beat it...And finally good old 3)GOM player at least you know what it will look like 10 years from now...But at least it plays a good variety of files...But again will only load one at a timeonto the playlist if they are in folders...Forget it. My last choice should is 4)Media Player Classic...I can't quite put my finger on it other than ...It;'s Microsoft if it is working...At best it's like the VLC player's idiot step brother. It's Microsoft...Enough said...I am sure I will have MANY contrary opinions, but well...If it works for you...You might want to upgrade your Windows ME and check out some different operating systems...And if you bought Vista ...Stick with Me...Soulvom33  

-reply by soulvom33