xisto Community
bad-and-ugly

American Mcgee's Alice who here remembers this game?

HelloDoes anyone here remember this game called American McGee's Alice? I think it was released in 2000, it's so awesome! Like Alice in Wonderland from HELL! '=D I love the storyline and dialogues...

I do indeed remember Alice. Man that game was awesome! I can't remember everything about it but I loved it immensely. The sheer concept and darkness of it was awesome especially for the time it came out. It just took such an innocent concept and completely raped it making it into this dark, creepy, intensely gothic realm.Not only that but the game itself actually played really well. The graphics were decent and the mechanics were tight. I like the puzzle solving and combat elements and the storyline tied in nicely.I wish they made more games like this that took a very unique look at something fairly familiar. Sure other art forms can do this too (when they remake a movie in a new light for example) but games have such an immersion factor it bumps it up a notch. Hopefully they release something along this vein again soon.

The music and all the sounds in general were so great... Remember how many songs had a child-like music box sound, except it sounded a bit nightnmarish? I really love the part when she's in a giant chess board. That whole world was black and white. And also the part when she's at the hospital, and there are sick children walking on the cushioned walls...! '=D

Haha yea I remember the chessboard part every time I think of that game for some reason lol. But yea the music was intense, I loved it. Thats what I mean, they COMPLETELY revisioned the entire world of alice, not just taking the original and making it grittier. Great stuff indeed.

You know, I read somewhere that American McGee actually wanted to do a film. But nobody wanted to produce it because they thought it would be hard to sell a film that had only its own story... So he made the video game and now he wants to do a film based on the game, because supposedly that would be easier to sell. Here's a link to the imdb entry of the movie Alice -> http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
I can hardly wait, I think this is going to be really cool... If this guy is really involved, he won't let people screw it up.