xisto Community
mirdux

Structure Of Webpage look good?

not even close to done.. this is just the images ill use... havent made a banner yet... havent configured the text and structures yet.. all the sections are in iframe, so those should be a breeze.. i just wated it to be simple.. although when i was finished i forgot i display in 1280x1024 and it looked right in my broswer but would be hellish in a 800x600...... anyhow... yeah just wanted to make it simple... and as you can see the buttons dont do anything.. for now... id be hosting it from here but i havent been accepted yet.. and i must use an ad-server for the jpeg version.. for awardspace sucks.....

jpeg- (higher quality) /legacy <haha ...ads... everywhere...

gif- (basic quality) http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Wow, that's some really good design you've got there! I like the colours and the images, but the iFrame just doesn't fit there. I simple DIV section would do it. Also, you probably know this, but the font colour needs to be changed to white instead of black. Just for the pleasure of being able to read something :P

You ought to use use GIF format layout pictures rather than JPEG because it would be easier to load the webpages (even though I had no problem loading it). There was no quality problem with the gif layout version. They basically looked the same. If you have Photoshop 8+ you could use "Save Optimized" feature. That's what I use for my layouts. I agree with Pyost, you should find an alternative to iframe.

heh i said it was just the basic structure of the webpage that was done. I wouldnt want anyone experiencing the frustration of aving to highlight everything they wanna read.. thats just plain cruel. Anyhow, I might go with a dirty yellow font color, probably not times, probably verdana. 2 of the windows will change according to page, the bottom will more than likely stay stationary. maybe an MP3 player is in order perhaps :P . Anyhow thanks for the compliments. Does the shadow direction on the flames bother anyone? how theres a drop shadow on one side, but not on the other? And as far as JPEG/GIF goes, i need the extra definition on the flames, and theres not a whole lot to load anyways, so i think i may stick with the J's.

I agree it's a good design however it looks a bit compact unless you plan to make it a portfolio site then it is fine. I think the the button stick out to much, although try not to make them invisible but try to match the color theme of the site. Also if your trying to look for a good index in search engines like google, they will by pass it immediately, just due to the fact that any links in the Iframe will not get index properly, thus you must rely on links outside the iframe to do all the work.

Edited by saint-michael (see edit history)

I like the idea of your layout! It's very different to the designs I see these days. On initial loading, the images load pretty slowly. Maybe it's due to the slicing, or the file sizes, I wouldn't know. Try to optimise it a little. :ph34r: Instead of iFrames, you could use div layers instead. I'm pretty sure you can still use scrollbars with div layers. Well, good luck with your design!