xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

Avoid Phpbb! New Security Exploit!

I've been thru a similar situation. Basically, i guess the hacker managed to get into my hosting account. Messed with my SQL database, and then, each time i loaded the forum, it redirected to his page where he left his mark. Sad.I've learnt my lesson too. And now, i use vBulletin, far more secure. Way secure! B)

It Happened to me as well <_< My phpbb forum site was hacked too!! I believe the security problem is sorted out in phpbb 3!!!I would recommend people to avoid using phpbb 2 as well!!!Regards

So can you still do that same hack on phpBB3 or not?i'm kinda dubble sided as to what software i should use for my new forums. I have both experiences with phpBB and SMF. I was considering phpBB3 now so my new forums. Does anyone want to back phpBB3 or still reccomend me to go for SMF?

I would recommend you to stay with SMF because hardly anyone is using PhpBB 3 and we dont know if it has any security issues but i'm sure its going to be much safer than PhpBB2!!I'll say stick with SMF <_<

The problem with phpBB is that they sort of have a bad reputation for keeping up to date with their security issues....at least from what I read from other phpBB users. SMF is usually really quick on the trigger and the patches are deployed and installed usually with just two clicks or so.

<_< i never knew that phpbb wasnt very secure.I've just uploaded it for my site a couple of days ago.I'm NOT ever using SMF, i really hate smf.I might get rid of phpbb and use xmb, xmb is definately my favourite free forum around, i really love it.