xisto Community
ahsanrao

Microsft Windows Defender..

wht u think about it .. its going best downloader i have it but i dont know wht it does :) is it spywear or antivirus :D.
and how much it defend u'r PC ..
can anyone tell?

Sorry i posted my reply and it not apear the first time.

Alright here we go again. Windows Defender is a Spyware program that deletes spyware and blocks spyware from your computer. The new version works quite well but has a major problem It uses to much system ram. I first ran it on my 523 mb ram and noticed my computer slowing down and then i ran it on a 1 gig windows server. It worked best on the server with no lag, yet most poeple dont have a gig of ram. Anyways the average user should use Ad-Aware and Spyware blaster. They are light on system resources and well have a larger database that is updated weekly. Hope you got a sense of the new Windows Defender Final release.
Edited by Levis (see edit history)

Almost every "anti" application these days are using the system resources too heavily.But my personal opinion about Windows Defender is that it is one of the best in the business.I am not currently running any anti spy ware applications.If I need I do just an on demand scan with Defender,spy bot search and destroy, Ad aware SE.I am running Kasperky + Zone alarm so I don't have any problems

Well, Windows Defender is an application for the upcoming Windows Vista and when Windows Vista will be released and will have at least Service Pack 1 and people will start to move to it and more and more illegal copies and not valid CD keys will appear (More users) by that time a lot of whom will really have a much better hardware and an average user might be using it without feeling how much resources it is eating. :)

Lol, ya but why do we need to upgrade to 1 gig or even 2 gigi ram computers. I'm sorry but microsoft if just making it worse. I understand that software has become quite complex, but what about the small companies that can create applications that use less ram. if Ad-Aware uses 32 mb of ram then defender uses 120 mb. Just as an example, its smaller in reality