xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zeeshan Hashmi

Photoshop Shortcut Keys

I saw sites like that before, but most of the applications has shortcuts and especially if you have a lot of similar things to do it really saves a little bit of time. For example you have 30 photos and most of them needs the same effect or something and you just need to push the shortcut keys and not scroll somewhere with your mouse. :)I usually use CTRL+C keys on the desktop and not the mouse, even though it doesn't add a lot of extra time to do it, but I know several people who likes to copy with the command copy through the console. :)

I saw sites like that before, but most of the applications has shortcuts and especially if you have a lot of similar things to do it really saves a little bit of time. For example you have 30 photos and most of them needs the same effect or something and you just need to push the shortcut keys and not scroll somewhere with your mouse. :)
I usually use CTRL+C keys on the desktop and not the mouse, even though it doesn't add a lot of extra time to do it, but I know several people who likes to copy with the command copy through the console. :)

But then you could simply use Photoshop's actions (in-program macros). :D
My Ctrl, Shift, Alt and Tab keys are indeed *hot*keys.
The most evil keyboard shortcuts are like "Save for Web" ( Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S ).
But again, newer Photoshop versions allow you to customize your keyboard shortcuts.
There's always a way out.

I have never really used any shortcut hotkeys in Photoshop before, but since I will start using a graphics tablet more often, I don't think it is that much of a time saver. The only advantage is that you don't have to look for the tool on the screen, you can just press the right set or combination of keys to activate the tool.