xisto Community
kgd2006

Alienware New Facelift... Anyone have any info on Alienwares new facelift?

I recently just purchased an Alienware desktop system, and after about 2 months or so they released a brand new shell for the system with new features. Im not much of a hardware person so anyone that knows the in and outs of Alienware, do you know how much they improved on their new realeased desktop systems?

It's all on their website:

07.27.2006 Enhanced New Desktop Chassis and Intel Core 2 Duo Available Now

The breakthrough new Alienware P2 Full-Tower Case is now available on select desktop systems, including the Area-51 7500, Area-51 ALX, Aurora 7500, and Aurora ALX. The P2 builds upon the tradition of the previous-generation Alienware chassis while delivering numerous improvements:

Illuminated front and side Alienware badges, I/O port icons, external drive bays, and front air intakes
Stunning AlienFX functionality that allows users to customize lighting color and brightness
More space-friendly without compromising future system expansion
FireWire, USB 2.0, and audio ports now conveniently located in the front
Power button integrated with front Alienware badge
Improved airflow and reduced noise levels
Tool-less access to interior for quick and easy upgrading
Exclusive chrome front air intake grills and accents on the ALX chassis
In addition, the Area-51 7500 and Area-51 ALX are now available with the new IntelÂŽ Core™ 2 Extreme processor, Intel's highest performing desktop processor ever, and the Intel Core 2 Duo processor, which maximizes both performance and energy efficiency.

Basicly, they've change the interior to handle more heat, the connectivity and the looks.

It's all on their website:Basicly, they've change the interior to handle more heat, the connectivity and the looks.

Any idea how much more it costs now? I always thought Alienware PCs are overpriced for the configuration... In my country (India) we aren't very familiar with alienware PCs. In fact I think we can't even buy one. Or atleast I've never seen anyone having a alienware PCs.

What's special other than the looks? I've seen some pictures of these PCs. They look awesome. But if the looks isn't matched with equally good performance, i think they are overpriced. (PCs of HP, Lenovo work beautifully anyway with much lower price tags...).

Just wanted to know hoe good they are!

Alienwares are expensive for their looks, but also for what is in it. They are all high-performance computers and that comes at a price (but they do tend to ask a bit more, but then again, there aren't many others on the high performance market).

Alienware might seem extremely expensive but in reality it is fair priced.First the computers they build are first class computers with first class parts.They use dependable motherboards, extra low latency RAM, the newest processors and have available the newest video cards.They figure out how everything fits together for exactly how you want it.They put it all together, and guarantee it will work and stay cool.Make it look extremely neat inside ( if you build computers like me then you know this is not easy )Give you an awesome case that isn't made of cheap metal.Plus, labor cost and then profit revenue.It might seem expensive but for the service and quality I think its just about right.Of course I would never order from Alienware because it is a lot less expensive to build your own, but for the people with a lot of money to spend and minimal computer knowledge, Alienware is the best deal you will find.