xisto Community
doudou

The Zune Microsofts iPod Killer

I say go for the cheapest Chinese mp3 player and get a good high performance ear piece. You will enjoy the value for money far more than either Zune or iPod. Well yes, then you will have to rely mostly on your p2p for music.

Do you know of any good ones. Reliable and with a stylish design? I've some in the past with good design, but I have no idea as far as how reliable or good they are.

I don't approve of the "one-size-fits-all" theory.I don't want 30GB! I would rather have something in the range of 4-6GB, with a lower price and possibly a smaller size. Apple's iPod offers this for me, but MS just doesn't seem to get that much of the success of the iPod is their different sizes, types, and prices.This is the major reason I will not consider buying this mp3 player. Also because I love to hate Microsoft :P

Hmm... I was thinking about getting an Ipod but now I just want an Iriver or something not made by Microsoft. In my opinion Microsoft get to much credit from ideas stolen from other companies (alianware had this years ago, you dont here people buying there products to much)

The lates on the Zune:

Walmart.com is taking preorders for the new Microsoft Zune 30GB MP3/Video Player in white, black or brown for $249.94. The zune supports WMA, MP3, AAC, JPED, WMV, MPEG-4 and H.264 file support. It is scheduled to ship on November 14.

well idk out that, i saw a demo of one and theese things are truly impressing.. the thing that gets me is its ability to, provided another zune is nearby, connect via a integrated wireless card and actually share music... idk bout u guys but thats pretty sick in my opinion. And heck, why are we so hostile towards immitations? We wouldnt be as far as we are in technology today if everyone tried to make a completely different idea work, we all need something to build off of, something to exceed to make ourselves, or our product distinguished, you know?. And a VERY small fraction of music thats downloaded, which contradicting every artists hopes is easily one of the biggest sources of music to people today, is in MP3 format, or can easily be converted into such.. Most of the time, people only use Windows audio files if there using WMP to import a cd.. other than that, the format is almost dead. And sure, MP3 players, especially those from bigger establishments, reinforce copyright protection and soforth, but as weve seen with the ipod, people make very accessible 3rd party software that cuts through this like a morning walk. I dont know whats with you guys and windows either.. This is thier first swipe at a mass commercial A/V player, and id hope that none of you could cross this up with their Operating system mishaps. I do respect everyones opinion here but maybe take a moment and release your protector of white and chrome, and maybe look into other possibilities, not that anyone expects you to be so amazed that you drop what you have for something else but hey, try something new..

I've heard about people saying that Google is becoming a big ugly giant... hey, the big ugly bully is right here, Microsoft!!Apple better be careful since Microsoft has such huge, deep pockets that they can produce and sell Zune without a profit in mind. Heck, can't Apple, Creative and Sony claim monopolistic or dumping behavior on Microsoft? I know for sure that Xbox is here to stay and after Zune is launched, pretty sure that it would be around too. I think the biggest casultt would not be Apple but rather Creative. Creative players are not that cheap as compared to some non-branded made-in-China players. In fact, right now, Creative is definitely targeting iPod. With Microsoft entering the scene, hehe... I think Creative has hell of a job to do...

I don't know...It's a fact that Microsoft has this bad image amoung the tech lovers, and, of coursem there are some reasons for that. Anyway, sometimes people refuse to test or even hear about some of their products. You know, in my opinion it's aways wrong. You cannot judge something without first, having contact with it...I know, of course, Microsoft's OS is like, terrible, and some of its products are not like what they say, but, I still think it's just a wonderful enterprise. If it was not, it wouldn't be one of the world's biggest, and, yes, they make very good projects.So one thing I'd never do, is to say something about Zune, without first, at least getting info about it. When I saw it, I didn't think it's like "a copy" of Apple's device. Actually, I think its a simple, modern and original design. And the sources offered by Zune look incredible. I'd buy it with no doubts.And, other thing, about 70 million people in the world have an iPod. As I like to be an original person, this would be another reason for me to buy Zune.I'm sure it's still going to make people get impressed. :P

I don't know...It's a fact that Microsoft has this bad image amoung the tech lovers, and, of coursem there are some reasons for that. Anyway, sometimes people refuse to test or even hear about some of their products. You know, in my opinion it's aways wrong. You cannot judge something without first, having contact with it...I know, of course, Microsoft's OS is like, terrible, and some of its products are not like what they say, but, I still think it's just a wonderful enterprise. If it was not, it wouldn't be one of the world's biggest, and, yes, they make very good projects.
So one thing I'd never do, is to say something about Zune, without first, at least getting info about it. When I saw it, I didn't think it's like "a copy" of Apple's device. Actually, I think its a simple, modern and original design. And the sources offered by Zune look incredible. I'd buy it with no doubts.
And, other thing, about 70 million people in the world have an iPod. As I like to be an original person, this would be another reason for me to buy Zune.
I'm sure it's still going to make people get impressed. :P

Well, Microsoft is qu9ite unethical and ruthless at times. That's why tech lovers hate the company. Most of the times they help themseves rather than the entire tech industry. A lot of their actions have crippled the technical growth. Their monopoly is yet times too much to handle.... (There were so many Court cases regarding the monopoly of MS ).

When it comes to Zune, definitely it looks catchy. Appears to have loaded with features. But I really love iPOD. May be Zune is good too. As far as my knowledge goes, it is yet to be released in India... Will definitely consider buying it if its features are good enough.

More people prefer iPod than Zune, the reason is that iPod has established it's product brand in the market more than the Zune. When a person come to think of buying a mobile gadget it's in his mindset that iPod will be his pick, and maybe majority of us as well. Not to mention the overwhelming product awareness which Apple has done to iPod, in fairness to Microsoft on its Zune. iPod has become a 'norm' or 'standard' when comparing these kinds of gadget. I witnessed a Toshiba user (Toshiba has had a product like an iPod) who came to a computer shop to have his gadget loaded with mp3's and talk to the technician in charged, "Man, can you load mp3 songs into my iPod -this is a 40Gb one." And the person in charged answered, "Yes sir, no problem. What is that iPod, what's the brand name?"

I heard some of the more luxury brand vehicles are opting for Microsoft Zune technology as an upgrade for their entertainment packages. I'm not sure, that's just what I heard.

More people prefer iPod than Zune, the reason is that iPod has established it's product brand in the market more than the Zune. When a person come to think of buying a mobile gadget it's in his mindset that iPod will be his pick, and maybe majority of us as well. Not to mention the overwhelming product awareness which Apple has done to iPod, in fairness to Microsoft on its Zune.
iPod has become a 'norm' or 'standard' when comparing these kinds of gadget. I witnessed a Toshiba user (Toshiba has had a product like an iPod) who came to a computer shop to have his gadget loaded with mp3's and talk to the technician in charged, "Man, can you load mp3 songs into my iPod -this is a 40Gb one." And the person in charged answered, "Yes sir, no problem. What is that iPod, what's the brand name?"

People no longer even call portable music players anymore, they call it iPods. The name has now just been implanted to everyone that it is THE portable music player.

xboxrulz

I'd go with the iPod touch over the Zune right now because of the wifi capabilities lacking in the Zune that are present in the iPod touch. However, the new version of the Zune, called the Zune2, is alot better than the current generation of iPod classics. They're clearly trying to market toward the younger generation with access to social networking being a main feature of the device, but come on... it sucks that you can't go online with the zune, even though it has wifi capabilities.I'll give it a few more months of firmware upgrades before I get a Zune. Best, Trinifawk