xisto Community
Mafamba Team

Free Web Hsotuing Credit Reduction

I have the free web hosting, and had 53.59+ hosting credits before, I optd for the 30 credit option, and after checking my account I only have 2.99 days remaining.How many credits do you take away per day?ThanksMafambaI sound a bit silly, but I was told 1 credit a day, but it seems mroe like 10.

Edited by Mafamba Team (see edit history)

AHH! Unfortunalty you got hit by the same I thing did..theres nothing wrong apart from the fact we built up more credits than needed to start the package off..If you read the details..it actually says it gets reset after you get confirmed as a hoster..So the best plan is to get the exact amount of credits needed for your hosting plan then wait till its approved before earning more credits because they are deleted ;((I lost about 10 days hosting due to this...but asked Jeigh about it and he pointed me to the details of hosting..It only took me a few posts to earn the credits I had lost...Its no biggy your credits wil from now on tick down by one a day like the rest of us..

Edited by Mark420 (see edit history)

No worry, Mafamba, everyone suffers that at the first time... Even I had 23 credits when I applied for the starter package, to be left with just 5 credits! Then again I piled up around 50 to opt for the Basic package, and yet again, I was left with no more than 5 credits! :D

It really doesn't take much to pile up credits, so don't worry about them as yet! Once you get used to the forums, you'll never realize when you go over 100 credits in little time.. :)

By the way, the answer to you question ;) - Hosting credits get down by 1 per day, don't count the fractional part. Also, you can have -ve credits till -30 ;) (which is BAD) and after which your account gets deleted! So you'd better keep your credits as they say, above 10! :)

Also, you can have -ve credits till -30

While this is true, I must add something, so that there is no confusion and false alarms. As soon as your credit count goes below ZERO, your web site gets suspended. But don't worry - as long as the credit count doesn't drop below -30, you can revive it by going over 0 again. However, if you credit count does go below -30, all the data gets deleted. So be careful!