xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

Firefox Problem My fonts are all screwed up

Whenever my Firefox 2 Beta 1 updated to Beta 2, my fonts got all screwed up. I've tried everything from removing firefox completely from my computer and re-installing but it must keep finding some hidden settings somewhere.Anything that was verdana 10pt is now verdana 8 or smaller.Help!![N]F

Did you try enlarging the overall font size? That's the only thing I can think of. Hold the CTRL key, and use the mouse wheel to decrease/increase the font size. Maybe it was set that way in the previous version, but the updater didn't remember that attribute :)

Ok, I figured it out! What happens is that a profile is created in C:\Documents and Settings\YOU\Application Data\Mozilla and is in a folder called "yr5fg32g5.default" (random string.default) and I guess some how my profile got corrupt. So I logged into my known good profile and copied it and replaced my corrupted one. Other than a few missing bookmarks (I recently backed them up so I can replace the 4 or so I'm missing.

@mark420: I did download Opera as a replacement if I couldn't get Firefox back to normal. My 2 seconds experience with it was HORRIBLE. I don't know how people like that browser.

[N]F

Edited by nightfox (see edit history)

You are right, since this might be the browser problem. If the updater doesn't deal with the old profiles properly, it can cause a lot of negative opinions on Firefox! Of course, they (the reviewers) would be wrong, but how can an Internet Explorer user know :)Support Firefox :)