xisto Community
WeaponX

Dell Computer "shuts Down" When Opening Email

When I Changed my graphics card, my monitor still tells me: No Signal.. why?

I have a Dell optiplex gx270, when I first got it everything was fine until my monitr started going blank and dispalyin a NO SIGNAL message.. I changed the monitor and still the same thing.. I sent my computer to Circuit.City. And had a tech there change my graphics card and added more RAM... He(the tech)installed a NVIDIA geforce 6200... And ran the computer for a day. He saind there was nothing wrong... When I got home and turned on my compute less than 5 mins, my screen went blank and said NO SIGNAL... I've been trying to configure the damn machine ove and over again... Took out the g-card re-install, everything, and still no hope... Help, anyone is there somethin I missing?

-reply by Killer Bear

i have the same problim and When I Changed my graphics card, my monitor still tells me: No Signal.. why?
Dell Computer \"shuts Down\" When Opening Email

I have a Dell optiplex gx270, when I first got it everything was fine until my monitr started going blank and dispalyin a NO SIGNAL message.. I changed the monitor and still the same thing.. I sent my computer to Circuit.City. And had a tech there change my graphics card and added more RAM... He(the tech)installed a NVIDIA geforce 6200... And ran the computer for a day. He saind there was nothing wrong... When I got home and turned on my compute less than 5 mins, my screen went blank and said NO SIGNAL... I've been trying to configure the damn machine ove and over again... Took out the g-card re-install, everything, and still no hope... Help, anyone is there somethin I missing?

-reply by Killer Bear iGuest Posted Apr 30 2008, 10:50 AM
Which Graphic card my computer supported?

Sir I have a computer Dell OPTIPLEX GX270 2.8 Intel ht with 512 DDr ram. So I want to buy a new NVidia Graphic card which card I bye that supported my system.And tell me the series of Graphic cards which my system supported.

-reply by Mudassar
iGuest Posted Apr 30 2008, 10:49 AM

Sir I have a computer Dell OPTIPLEX GX270 2.8 Intel ht with 512 DDr ram. So I want to buy a new NVidia Graphic card which card I bye that supported my system.And tell me the series of Graphic cards which my system supported.

-reply by Mudassar
iGuest Posted Apr 30 2008, 10:49 AM

-reply by Mudassar
iGuest Posted Apr 30 2008, 10:55 AM

-question by Mudassar
iGuest Posted Apr 30 2008, 10:58 AM

-feedback by Mudassar
micky123 Posted Dec 28 2007, 09:42 AM
QUOTE(FeedBacker @ Dec 5 2007, 08:55 PM)
I have an Optiplex GX-270 that "shuts-down" the same way randomly. I don't even use Outlook. Power light is green sometimes and yellow sometimes.

You can hear something running but still have to shut it off and repower up. Sometimes several times to get it to boot. I've replaced the power supply, processor, added 512mb ram (1 gig now), reloaded XP-SP2.

It will probably do it again in a second so I'll close now. HELP! This sucks!

-StevieB

Hi Feedbacker,

This looks like a clear cut case of leaking/bulging capacitors on the motherboard, would advise you to have a look at the capacitors on the motherboard and if any of them look "bulged" or swollen, please call Dell tech Support and report this, they will arrange for a replacement!
Cheers!
iGuest Posted Dec 5 2007, 03:25 PM
I have an Optiplex GX-270 that "shuts-down" the same way randomly. I don't even use Outlook. Power light is green sometimes and yellow sometimes.

You can hear something running but still have to shut it off and repower up. Sometimes several times to get it to boot. I've replaced the power supply, processor, added 512mb ram (1 gig now), reloaded XP-SP2.

It will probably do it again in a second so I'll close now. HELP! This sucks!

-StevieB
WeaponX Posted Jul 1 2007, 01:44 AM
Forgot about this issue...yeah, the problem was fixed after I replaced the motherboard.

Call Dell? Good luck with that. I know there will be a long waiting period and they will ask me the same questions again even when I tell them I did a certain step already.

It's definitely one of the stranger issues that I have seen since I don't see how the email and motherboard issue are related. If anything, the user should be having shut down issues no matter what she's doing.
Downlinker Posted Jun 30 2007, 07:42 PM
Why don't you call dell, and ask them for the problem! If else, you can go on help > Check for errors, or something, or re-install the application

all that didnt help i dont no how to fix it
Edited by yordan
Added some quotes in order to make it more understandable (see edit history)

MOTHERBOARD IS BAD

I bought a dell computer a few months ago and Decided to have my daughter which is a computer tech to set it up today and retire my old comp. Which is not a dell.

WE found out the motherboard is bad in a brand NEW computer.

The warranty is supposed  to have 198 days left but according to your machine it ran out. 

ser. Tag 9N24NL1 code 21040766821

If this is true this is my first and last Dell and this one goes to the dump and Dell company can have a party on the money I COULD NOT AFFORD AND SAVED FOR A LONG TIME TO BUY THIS THING.

-feedback by Harvey L. Soules