xisto Community
BooZker

Professional Logos Are they any good?

Hey i have been making logos for awhile now, but still new. My logos have always been way detailed and sometimes cartoonish. I wanted to try my luck at professional looking logos for my website http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I know the logos do not match the current style of my site, but i am changing the entire look of the site. I just wanted to know what you guys think of these logos for O&J Productions.

Logo 1

Posted Image

Logo 2

Posted Image

So what do you think?

The second one is far better than the first one. It has a futuristic, 3D look and would nicely blend with a silver/blue/green theme (or so I think). The first one is a bit too shabby, and wouldn't be a good choice for sites nowadays.

Yah i was thinking that the first needs some slight shadow and gradient like the 2nd one

Yes the second looks by far more professional :)Tone down the blue in the first pic, nowadays people prefer "soft colors", so use a light blue instead.Also what looks good nowadays is a "glossy" look.e: I just watched your site and I like it, like the glossy look :)

Edited by tommydanger (see edit history)

Yes, glossy is awesome looking i would have to say. I love the glossy look and actually my ojproductions.net site is based on a simple glossy black feel. My new site however will be more "professional" but i have been very busy and yet to keep working on it along with my site hosted here on Xisto.com

In fact I think they both are quite good, but both have downsides and if to make one out of those two, it would be really good. The first one has a very bad font, it needs more effects like the second one, and the graphic of the first one is better than in the second one.. etc. :P Well, I think you can do much better by improving them. :P

I like the visual direction of the second logo better, but the first logo has better design sensibility. The first one has: emphasis on the correct part of the logo (the name vs. the symbol). readable name.The second one has: a better symbol; not Futura.As far as improving the second one, I'd say try playing around with the text's position so that it relates to the symbol better.