xisto Community
sonoftheclayr

Problem With Apache In Xampp

I use XAMPP as the development server on my laptop but recently the Apache version bundled hasn't been working saying that there are "no listening sockets available". It is currently set to the default port of 80 but even when I cahnge it to something unused it still doesn't work.I can't find a version of XAMPP with Apache 1 installed as I heard that downgrading it might work. I can't thinkof anything that would cause it to stop working but even when I close all the programs and stop running all the background services except explorer it still doesn't work.Can anybody help me with this problem as it is really stalling the development of my web page and I am starting to get desperate.

I actually installed XAMPP today on a computer. Brand new out-of-the-box installation. Worked perfectly!It seems to me either as if for some strange reason XAMPP is trying to run Apache twice (did you maybe install another copy of Apache over XAMPP?) or maybe some other program is listening on port 80. What programs did you install lately? Try uninstalling/disabling your most recent programs. You can also try changing Apache's listening port to another port to see if it's Apache's problem or something else interfering with it.Tell us how it goes!

I use XAMPP as the development server on my laptop but recently the Apache version bundled hasn't been working saying that there are "no listening sockets available". It is currently set to the default port of 80 but even when I cahnge it to something unused it still doesn't work.

did you overwrite your old installation? if you do so.. you need to unhook all services that the old apache have.. with windows on hand.. you will fair enough if you use some 3rd party software to unload the services.. windows is buggy with services handling.. dang..

check if you got file sharing or even IIS or PWI installed.. or even some daemon listener that grabs the port 80.. then also check you apache configuration.. most of the time it is easier to just move the port to 8080 if there are no installation problems and you got some other program listening on port 80..

the message says that it cannot get a port or resource socket to initiate a connection..

please give us some idea on what is installed and what your current configuration is..