xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonoftheclayr

Windows Xp Bsod Troubles

Our family computer is running Windows XP Home SP2 with all the latest updates installed and we constantly get Blue Screens of Death.The most common is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS in NDIS.sys and portcls.sys.I have googled this many times and found nothing to help but I have heard the two files are for the network card and sound card respectively.The computer has the following specs: - Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz - Gigabyte 85661FXMP-RZ motherboard with Award v. 6.0 BIOS - NIVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 - No idea what the network card and sound cards are but we use the network car to hook up to ADSL via a Belkin wireless router so I can have the internet on my laptop.It has ZoneAlarm Security Suite installed (whatever the latest version is) and whenever I run a virus or spyware scan (yep, you guessed it) another BSoD comes up, although this one isn't as specific and just gives me a string of numbers.I have checked all the drivers and they are all up to date except for the sound card because I loose the sound whenever I upgrade it.The BSoD's usually come up when we are playing a game namely The Sims 2 and Civilization IV and running a virus or spyware scan.I have also heard that it might be a problem with the CPU overheating or something wrong with the BIOS but I don't know what settings to change.If anybody could help it would be much appreciated because we are all getting sick of the blue screens.

Ok one thing I can see right away is that is a problem with your network card..DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS in NDIS.sys NDIS.sys is an MS network driver..Sounds to me like you need to find exactly what Network Card there is in there and get the proper drivers from the makers website..Does this crash when using torrents or limewre? My bet is that it only crashes when you use different protocols such as UDP.Hope its a quick and easy fix by getting these new drivers..Good Luck!!

It could be bad RAM. Did you buy good RAM or really cheap RAM.The Blue Screen of Death happens when the RAM pages to the processor and something goes wrong in that cycle.It could be a bad driver for the network card or it could be bad ram. I would also see if your motherboard drivers are updated by going to your chipset website.Also, read on your motherboard, this could be a known problem and you might have to flash your bios with a newer version.

Thanks for the help guys, I upgraded the BIOS, Sound card (The sound does work!), Network Card and anything elese that needed upgraded. We didn't get any BSoD's yesterday (First time in a while) after I upgraded the drivers.To anybody else: Don't use windows update to upgrade drivers! Go to the manufacturers website and get the latest version from there, or go to your motherboard's manufacturer and get the driver updates from there (It had updates for all the hardware that came with the computer)

85661fxmp-rz compatibility

Windows Xp Bsod Troubles

<p>Hi,</p>

<p>Can you tell me what replaces the 85661fxmp-rz motherboard please?</p>

<p>I either need the same motherboard or a compatible version as this needs to be put into my dead computer.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Thanks in advance,</p>

<p> </p>

<p>David O'Brien </p>

-reply by David OBrien

BAD POOL HEADERWindows Xp Bsod Troubles

I JUST FORMAT MY COMPUTER USING WINDOW XP SERVICES PACK 3. THEN, NEXT DAY WHEN I LISTENING SONG, SUDDENLY THE SCREEN COMPUTER ARREAR BLUE SCREEN AND SAY " BAD POOL HEADER". WHY SUCH A PROBLEM OCCOUR?

-reply by TING