xisto Community
ELTan

Spyware 3721 how to remove 3721?

i have a problem, my company computer being infected by a spyware name 3721, it is a chinese spyware which make my internet explorer. a lot of chinese link.i would like to know that how we can remove it?wheather it is a dabgerous spyware?how to advoid? i dont know how it infect my PC, i am using AVG antivirus free eddition.thanks

Good Call Yordan about linking to the Nai Alert pages...I find these pages soo helpful when I have to de infect someones pc.I would suggest looking at the removal instructions on that page and save the page to the desktop so that you can read the pages without having to connect to the net ,force an update of AVG- boot into safe mode then take a look for the files and registry settings it suggest to delete/modify.Also look at the outgoing traffic report on the nai site..make sure you ban these sites in your firewall so even if you dont fully get rid of it..it cant contact the makers of this peice of crap trojan to update itself.Now run AVG and do a FULL scan of the C drive( a tip !! delete your browsers cache before any virus check ..this speeds it up because it doent have to scan thousands of jpegs gifs etc ..and also there could be something nasty in there form the trojan..) ..hopefully this should remove anything thats lying around you didnt remove manually. ( some ppl would do it the other way round..scan then look and delete manually..I do it the other way round just to make absoluty sure theres nothing left.When your done go back into windows normally..first thing to do is to disable your network connection...literally pull the plug out..only way to be sure no data is being transffered, then run another virus check ( a tip !! delete your browsers cache before any virus check ..this speeds it up because it doent have to scan thousands of jpegs gifs etc ..and also there could be something nasty in there form the trojan..) and also open up the folders and look to see if anything was copied back to your system during boot up, do the same in the registry and remove any bad entries listed on the Nai site..After the last virus check is done..reboot again and you should be Virus free!!!!!Good Luck and if you stil have probs..you can Pm me and I will try to help you!! We ALL hate crappy Trojans/Spyware/virus etc etc

Edited by Mark420 (see edit history)

I think the easiest and the best way to solve your problem is to install a spy ware program. I would recommend SpySweeper by Webroot softwares, it’s free. All you have to do once you install SpySweeper is to sweep your computer for spyware. You will be surprise at how many spyware you find on your computer. Spyware is such a nuisance, and if you do not detect sypware on your PC, it can lead to much more serious consequences like identity theft. You will notice that your computer can operate much faster, and less pop-up ads, your homepage won’t change unexpected.

Hmmm.... With all of these worms and spyware going around I don't know the only thing I could think of is trojan horse viruses/spyware.Um,I think you can goto microsoft.com or download spyware doctor and delte it all for a low price.That's all I can think of,sorry I could'nt help more :)?

You are probably looking for a free, easy-to-use solution, in order to immediately see if it works.

I suggest using stinger.

Your find it here : http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/free-tools/stinger.aspx

It is not a software you have to install on your PC, it's a free additional software. You download it on your PC, and you run it. It looks for quite a lot of annoying things (have a look at the list), inluding some new ones not managed by classical antiviruses.

You simply run it, if it finds and destroys a problem you say "thanks". And if not, you will not have lost a lot of time, and it will have changed nothing in your PC.

Regards

Yordan

Some users install this 3721 Chinese keyword program on purpose. Others got it installed without their knowledge and can be a pain to remove. Try the suggestions mentioned by the others first and if they still won't remove this pest completely, you will have to do some manual removal on your part. DoxDesk has a good step by step guide on how to remove this, but they took it down. Google still has a cache of the site before they took it down though here. So take a look at it and see if you can remove it completely.