xisto Community
m107

Best Messenger what is the best im messanger in your idea ?

i use trillian for my yahoo and msn id.cos there trojans to hack yahoo id in yahoo messanger but there is no one for trillianwhat is the best messanger in your idea?

Personally every version of trillian that I have tried I hated. I didn't like the design (even skinned), didn't like the weird choices of which functionality did/didn't work, etc. I mean it did the basics fine (connecting to various messenger systems and allowing you to message people on them all) but otherwise it seemed lacking and annoying. I just didn't feel comfortable enough to start using it over the primary clients.

I'm using Miranda for the last 2-3 years, and I'm pretty happy with it. Intensely customizable both in UI and functionality, though it may be VERY painful to setup sometimes, even to power users, due to plugin or file version conflicts, lack of specific support. Takes a look o Google and forum searches to fix up some issues. But man, once it's done... just enjoy it!Used to use Trillian, but it started to get as 'heavy' as MSN Messenger, and wasn't very customizable.Since I no longer access my AIM, ICQ and YM accounts, I disable their dlls and run with only MSN protocol plugin. And it looks so pretty!The only thing I don't like about Miranda is the terrible way you view Message History... For this you better get a nice plugin.

iChat. Okay, yeah I'm a mac fan too, but iChat has been a wonderful app especially with the newer AV versions and the addition of iSight to all iMacs and Apple notebooks. It makes doing video confrencing very simple, especially when your on the road like I am a lot.

I used to use Gaim for all my IMing needs, but at some point I just couldn't take the crappy Hebrew support and all the other little annoyances. It's just not the same as the "official" clients. I personally installed Messenger Live when it came out, and I can't say I'm not enjoying it. I still haven't found any down-sides to it, especially with Messenger Plus! Live which allows for nicer logging and many other little features I enjoy. I especially like the automatic file accepter that lets people send me files even when I'm away from my computer! Messenger Live just has so many advantages to Gaim (for the MSN network at least): apart from the obvious audio/video conversation capabilities, there are many other things missing like games, custom smilies, and proper Hebrew support.

I still use Gaim for all my other IM networks, probably because I use those the least, and besides, Gaim really out-does the AIM and Y!IM clients. I have used Trillian in the past, but just didn't stick with it for very long for whatever reason. Oh, and for some strange and quite infuriating reason, ICQ forces itself to run on system-startup, even though I hardly use the network and only connect periodically, usually for specific reasons (and people).

I use Gaim as well. It works well with all the major IM protocols and is relatively lightweight, portable across operating systems, and extensible. Being open source with an active developer group, Gaim is also continually being updated.Unfortunately, there has been a compatibility problem with MSN for the past two or so days. On the other hand, a workaround has already been created, and a fix is on its way.I used to use separate IM clients for each service (i.e., MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, etc.), but their ads annoyed me, and each program began to hog disproportionately more resources as they evolved. One good note is that Yahoo and Microsoft have worked toward interoperability between their networks. This would allow one less IM client for those who would prefer installing the name brand software.

I use Kopete because I didn't like Mercury since it's using Java and Java sucks when you have more than 5 conversations going at the same time or have a conference. Also, Kopete can handle all my AIM/Yahoo!/Jabber and MSN. However, I still prefer Skype.I don't like GAIM either and especially how it's outlined. They save your contact list into the local computer. It's highly annoying whenever you delete contacts on another computer not running GAIM and come back to one that is .. It'll then ask you to resync the contact list.xboxrulz

I really don't use anything along the lines of AIM, Yahoo, Jabber etc. At one point I tried AIM, but it became burdensome since everyone suddenly decided they wanted to talk to me--a major waste of time. So then I uninstalled it. I like Skype so far though, it's a nice way for me and my parents to talk to my grandparents (overseas) and the sound quality is great. I use Google Talk a lot, since most of the people I know are on there. But it's not fun when I don't want to talk to someone but I need to log into my inbox. Then I can't log in because I know they'll immediately start a conversation with me...which can be really annoying. >_<

I used Trillian as one of the multi-IM programs and have used it ever since. I have tried both GAIM and Miranda before and didn't like them. Usually I will keep those since they are very lightweight programs, which I like. I don't need anything fancy. But Trillian still caught my attention and I have been loyally using it for years.It would be great if I could get Google Talk for Trillian also. I actually have found a plug-in for Google Talk on their site, but couldn't get it working. Could be an error on my end...

I think icq would be the best. I've tried trillian but i don't think it's that good. I use msn too but i think it's just got too much stuff in it. The only reason why i use msn though is because nearly everyone i know uses it which is a shame.. icq has a much better and smaller interface and there are things you can do in icq that you'd need to pay for in msn (seriously.. who will pay money for chatting?)also icq has a profile searching tool and alot of games (again, all games a free unlike msn).the only downside is that only a couple of people i know use icq..-HellFire

May i know why u comment using msn is a shame?
previously i hate msn because it not support offline message, how ever with new live messager, the problem already solve.
therefore i doubt is there any reason msn is not good?
one more is i think msn is great because now almost everyone have it account....u need not to be hotmail account for using this. even gmail user can use it.
for me... now msn need to improve is it call n video call quality, much poor compare with skype

I think icq would be the best. I've tried trillian but i don't think it's that good. I use msn too but i think it's just got too much stuff in it. The only reason why i use msn though is because nearly everyone i know uses it which is a shame.. icq has a much better and smaller interface and there are things you can do in icq that you'd need to pay for in msn (seriously.. who will pay money for chatting?)also icq has a profile searching tool and alot of games (again, all games a free unlike msn).
the only downside is that only a couple of people i know use icq..

-HellFire

I have tried Trillian, and hated it. Maybe the pro version is better, but there's alot about the interface I don't like. I use Google Talk mainly, but I also use GAIM so I can communicate on AIM, my Yahoo messenger (I don't really know anyone on Yahoo so i'ts not that useful), and GT at once. I don't like the look of GAIM though because it reminds me of the look of AIM which, once I moved on, I discovered I didn't really like. I really wish that GAIM looked like Google Talk, then i would use it only forever :DI have never tried ICQ, but it sounds interesting. MSN sucks, like all things from MSN!

Edited by Pharoah (see edit history)

May i know why u comment using msn is a shame?previously i hate msn because it not support offline message, how ever with new live messager, the problem already solve.
therefore i doubt is there any reason msn is not good?
one more is i think msn is great because now almost everyone have it account....u need not to be hotmail account for using this. even gmail user can use it.
for me... now msn need to improve is it call n video call quality, much poor compare with skype

It's damn heavy and slow, has almost no customization support, bad file transfer support, doesn't have plugin support, is pretty much affected by Trojans, no encryption support, poor and slow history engine, tons of ads, what else? Some issues can be addressed with hacks and 3rd party programs, but I suppose this shouldn't count. Good things about it are ease of use of features and quick setup, what's a must to the common home user. But it's way too limited on it's capabilities. If it only could support skins and plugins, it would be quite better.

I don't think it's worth the headache, though opinions may (and should) differ from user to user.

I started with Gaim as my messenger, a multi-messenger to be exact, but I also tried Trillian and Miranda, but still I stick with Gaim, because I just got used to it and besides I don't talk there a lot, I usually use Skype and separate IRC client - XChat.. But as different people use different chatting stuff, I need to be online everywhere :S to be able to speak with all my friends and etc. :D