xisto Community
BooZker

Dreamweaver 8 Issue This error is bugging me and it wont go away.

Well i have been using Dreamweaver for a long time now and no problems. I tried to install it on my new laptop and it ran fine until i opened a document. When i opened a file in the split or design mode it has this error:

The following translators were not loaded due to errors:ASP.htm: has configuration information that is invaild.
XSLT.htm: has configuration information that is invaild.

It does this with every file this error does not come up with code mode only the design and split. Can someone please help because it always says this two times and it says it 2 times EVERY time i click on the design mode when i am checking if it looks right. It's so annoying. I can't even check my pages without having that come up.

I reinstalled it. Rebooted my comp. Tryed to repair it. Installed the trial version. Looked in preferences to turn off the error. Installed the 8.0.2 patch and still no luck. Please some help here.

wow this has never happened to me b4. maybe your laptop doesn't meet the requirements. what are the specs of your laptop, maybe that could be the cause.

100GB HD
1 GB of RAM
T2300 @ 1.66 GHz

The specs are fine. The issue was on the install on the certain type of system. I have a VAIO notebook.

Well i have been using Dreamweaver for a long time now and no problems. I tried to install it on my new laptop and it ran fine until i opened a document. When i opened a file in the split or design mode it has this error:It does this with every file this error does not come up with code mode only the design and split. Can someone please help because it always says this two times and it says it 2 times EVERY time i click on the design mode when i am checking if it looks right. It's so annoying. I can't even check my pages without having that come up.

I reinstalled it. Rebooted my comp. Tryed to repair it. Installed the trial version. Looked in preferences to turn off the error. Installed the 8.0.2 patch and still no luck. Please some help here.

I am having the same problem. Did you find an answer or fix? It's not the computer I believe. I ran MX 2004 for a while then upgraded to Studio 8 and things were fine. Problem came after had to replace HD & Win XP, then reinstall MX2004 so I could reinstall 8 upgrade. All works fine on another machine. This must be something simple.

yes i did. All you have to do is delete a file.

Delete the WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat, MacFileCache-BFE7CE2E.dat, or FileCache.dat file from the Dreamweaver user configuration folder. The string of characters after "FileCache-" may differ on your machine. On Windows, the FileCache file is located here:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\Configuration

Note that the "Application Data" folder is hidden by default, so verify that your Windows Explorer folder options are set to View Hidden Folders.

On the Macintosh, the path to the FileCache file is:

Mac HD/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Macromedia/Dreamweaver 8/

https://www.adobe.com/?id=tn_19105 In case that did not work.

Hope this helps

I have DW8 and I got the same problem started two days ago. I have tried all solutions I ran across from this forum and others as well but NOTHING worked! (of course I avoided de-installing and re-installing the software from scratch).

Here is what i did and worked perfectly for me (and it makes sense):

I renamed (for the sake of recovery) the folder "translators" and run the setup of DW8 and selected "fix" instead of "remove". The installer took a bit of extra time checking the validity of all installed components. Once the setup finised, DW8 worked with no problems.

Aparently, the "x.htm" files in the "translators" folder got corrupted. "Fix installation" forced the installer to recreate the "translators" folder and all of its contents.

At any rate, it worked for me and I hope it does for most of you!

Happy Dreamweav-ing! and Seasons Greetings to all.....Ahmad

Replying to BooZkerI had the same problem.First I deleted:See:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataMacromediaDreamweaver 8ConfigurationThat didn't fix the problem, until I also deleted the same file fromSee:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataMacromediaConfigurationAfter deleting both WinFileCache-7A9586CB.Dat it worked.-suimak

Did that and got a new error message.

Dreamweaver 8 Issue

Replying to BooZker

I deleted the FileCache file and now I'm getting a new error from the Date.Htm file. I put it in brackets [ ] because it would send this message first time.

[ var outStr = inStr.Replace(datePattern,'<MM:BeginLock type="mmdate" format="$2"' +

' orig="' + escape("$&") + '">$4</script><MM:EndLock>') ]

What do I do now?

-reply by Trish

Problem in installing Dreamweaver 8 at Windows XP Prof Version 2002 SP2Dreamweaver 8 IssueWhen I tried to install Dreamweaver 8 at Windows XP Prof Version 2002 SP2, it gives me the following error:A newer version of the Windows Installer is required. Do you want to update the version of the Windows Installer on your system?When I click on "Yes", it further prompts "Setup was unable to upgrade the Windows Installer."How to overcome this problem?-question by SB Ho

Same problem with CS4Dreamweaver 8 Issue

This is the link for the file to delete in Dreamweaver CS4

C:Documents and Settings<username>Application DataAdobeDreamweaver CS4en_USConfigurationWinFileCache-3012BA81.Dat

or any other data file in this folder with the WinFileCache prefix, just delete it and it will work.

-reply by joseiro

Dreamweaver issuesDreamweaver 8 Issue

I have used dreamweaver for years but two issues have arisen recently

First that I cannot create a new document/page from any of my templates on any site I've created and an error message is shown.

Secondly Dreamweaver crashes as odd times which can be really annoying and lost work.

I have reinstalled the software but it still happens.

Can anyone help me please?

-reply by Gordon Brownlee

Dreamweaver 8 Issue - This error is bugging me and it wont go away.Dreamweaver 8 Issue

That is USUALLY a corrupt config file. You can try this:Close DW completely. Right click the Start button, choose "explore" and find this folder:Application DataMacromediaDreamweaver8Configuration It may be hidden, so you will need to show hidden files and folders.To test it, rename the folder (Configuration) to something else likeConfiguration_old close explore menu and restart dreamweaver.It should re-write the config files and you should be set to go.

-reply by tulip_mind