xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jerms

How Do I Improve Wireless Speed?

sometimes certain broaband providers have set channels.

I.E with BT it's channel 6 * don't know about others.

iv'e even connected wireless to neighbours routers who have no security on theirs, an it's came up channel 6.

wired connection works flawless 99% of the time. If not then it's your provider. Also wireless will always give some sort of problem because it's not a direct connection.

so if wired is fine, it's obviously the wireless connection.

acess your router page by entering your IP adress, then see if changing the channel helps.

mine was on 6 like everyone elses/ but when I changed it to 11 it worked fine.

their are 1-11 channels to choose from, an the default one starts at 6.

you can try any to see if it helps.

-reply by Shay

If you want the fastest wireless speeds, you should first upgrade to Wireless-N, the newest standard that is unfortunately still in draft status. Wireless-N has a theoritical throuhput of 600Mbit/s compared to the low 54 Mbits/s of the Wireless G standard. However, you should check if your wireless devices are compatible with the Wireless-N specification before purchasing a Wireless-N router of access point.Also, wireless speeds also depend on the brand and make of your wireless router or access points, with some performing a lot better than others. I find that D-Link routers, especially ones with more than one antenna have better range and performance, with other brands like Netgear and Linksys having routers with slower performing wireless connections. I am personally using the D-Link Xtreme N Duo Media Router DIR-855 (currently quite expensive as it is one of the best avaiable) which features simulatenous dual-band wireless, Gigabit Ethernet and network USB sharing.

how to increase the speed of tata photon ?How Do I Improve Wireless Speed?

I m using tata photon since few weeks, its giving the speed of 144kbps rather than 3.1mbps. Can u tell me how can I increase the speed

-reply by Raju Sharma

Wireless Speeds for Acer aspire oneHow Do I Improve Wireless Speed?

My  acer laptop is connecting at very very low speed, and somtimes it isnt finding the network to connect tooo. And there are other users, sitting next to me with other models and make of laptops and connecting at ridiculously high speed.. I tried the powersave option recommended but this still doesnt work,,,,,my wirless card is rated at 802.11 b/g...Please assist me? what can I do?

-reply by Johnn

I am thinking about buying Netgear WNDR3700 router.My isp gives me 100 mbps when wired ethernet,so can I get any faster speed using this  wireless and  router,or can u never get more speed than when you are wired to the modem by ethernet,I need a little more speed for hula 720p and netflixs hd,hula does 480p now and netflix does high quality both at full screen with no lag,and also my pc is 802.11n

-reply by I need more speed