xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vhortex

Space Usage.. Question about space usage after deleting some stuffs using cpanel

Can anyone tell me how space usage is computed in the cpanel..When i check, the control panel yank at me that i was using 150MB of space.. so i was full and i need some data more to upload.. what i have done is modify the code and erase my entire ftp account for files.. but the control panel still says i was on full usage..no files in the trash and i also use the explorer for web space usage in the cpanel but still.. the total usage is merely at 7mb.. including the emails..--can someone help me with this stuff..

I beleive that all you have to do is wait. Since it can take some time for the statistics (bandwidth usage, number of visitors etc.) to be updated, that might be the problem with space usage. If it doesn't change in the next 24 hours, it's a problem. On the other hand, if you are sure there is free space and you can upload files through FTP, consider it a minor problem.

I beleive that all you have to do is wait. Since it can take some time for the statistics (bandwidth usage, number of visitors etc.) to be updated, that might be the problem with space usage. If it doesn't change in the next 24 hours, it's a problem. On the other hand, if you are sure there is free space and you can upload files through FTP, consider it a minor problem.

thanks for the info

it is ok now.. the control panel..
i dont know if i can upload files again..

strange though since i am using 7mb space but now it doubled..

i wonder where that 7mb goes..

----

is it possible to ask for space upgrade? i need 20-50MB max of extra space for my database back end..
Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

If you own the second package, it is not possible to upgrade anymore. However, if you need that space for a database, you can use a free MySQL database host. After Googling a bit, I wasn't able to find a good one (ouch), but I'm sure you could find it after some time :DThe thing about MySQL hosts is that the database is hosted on their server, but you can connect to it. In your configuration, just change the host from "localhost" to whatever the database host URL is. And if you need more than 150MB, you should consider BUYING a hosting package :unsure: